yummy.jpg)
He was so excited and of course the rock instantly went into his mouth. (like everything else does). Unfortunately for him...I rained on his parade. And quickly got the rock out of his mouth. As you can see he wasn't too happy about it. Trust me...this wasn't the last time during the trip that I dug stuff out of his mouth. Thank goodness it was just dirt and a couple rocks...no bugs or anything poisonous.
Kaysen also found the dirt...and of course loved it. He is my little dirt magnet. We brought a little shovel for him to dig with. On his 2nd scoop the shovel came up and shot dirt all over the left side of his face. This is how he looked the rest of the day. No matter how much I wiped him off...the dirt kept showing up all over him. It looks like he was beat but that is really just dirt in his eye. It didn't stop him though...he kept going like the energizer bunny.
We took the boys for rides on the 4 wheeler. I don't know who enjoyed this more out of all of my boys. Gage loved to watch someone drive up close to him. He loved when there we little bumps and would go "uuugggghhhh uuuuggghhh" the whole time. Kaysen however didn't care if the 4 wheeler was going or not. If we weren't actually taking him for a ride on it then he was on it by himself counting down or actually up from 1-11 and then acting like he was racing it. Jerry would sit down for a few minutes and get bored then would head off on the trails again. He found an old cinder pit with some pretty good jumps on it so that is where he spent most of his time while the boys took their naps. I wasn't too mad about him ditching me...it gave me some quality reading time.
We carved all of our initials and the date on a tree. This is a tradition that my family has done every time we have gone camping so I was excited to finally get a chance to do it with my family. I've have just been told it is illegal. Really??? oops...

We ended the night with roasting marshmallows. Kaysen especially loved when the marshmallows would catch on fire...only because he got to blow it out like a "birthday candle."
On Friday afternoon we packed up and headed home. Just in time too...within 5 minutes of us leaving it started to rain pretty hard. However, our kids were asleep faster than the rain came. I can't wait to do it again. It was a great time and we had so much fun just spending time together...out of cell phone range.
We ended the night with roasting marshmallows. Kaysen especially loved when the marshmallows would catch on fire...only because he got to blow it out like a "birthday candle."
On Friday afternoon we packed up and headed home. Just in time too...within 5 minutes of us leaving it started to rain pretty hard. However, our kids were asleep faster than the rain came. I can't wait to do it again. It was a great time and we had so much fun just spending time together...out of cell phone range.
No comments:
Post a Comment