However, each day we read one of his Christmas story books on the true reason for Christmas and after a few times, Kaysen recite the book from front to back and would tell strangers that the wise men gave Jesus gold, frankenscence (sp?) and myrh. And I'd just smile and be proud, hoping my son understood what Christmas really is about.
Our local Fire Department had Santa come and visit and they took picutres and gave out a little toy and candy cane. Kaysen jumped right on Santa's lap and said, "I wanna Tag Leap Reader" and maybe a train set.

Gage however wouldn't go anywhere near him, until he saw the candy. Then he only stayed on his lap long enough for us to snap a picture of him climbing off.

We had our 4th Annual Nelson & Karen Miller (Jerry's parents) Christmas party this year. Santa came there too and Gage hoppped right on Santa's lap and stayed on that time. Kaysen also hopped right on one again and said, "Remember? I already told you I wanted a Tap Leap Reader Santa! Do you like my camo jacket?? (my sis-in-law has all of these photos and I haven't been able to get them yet.)
We also went on a hay ride and went caroling around our small town. My favorite part was when we stopped at the house of a widow and her handicaped daughter. Her daughter was so excited to see us sing to her that she was jumping up and down and had the biggest smile on her face. Kaysen's favorite part was when Unlce Merrick sang "Jingle Bells Jingle Bells. Jingle all the way. Oh what fun it is to ride on a big ol bale of hay." Kaysen thought that was just hilarious and sang it that way the rest of the night.
On Christmas Eve we did our tradition of opening up our Christmas pajamas. Kayen's say "I've been good, ask mom!" He thought that was funny, but he wanted him and Gage to have matching pajamas so I'll have to remember that next year. Here Kaysen is dancing around, showing off his new jammies and Gage is pouting because he doesn't want to go to bed yet.
Christmas morning came and we had to wake the boys up at 5:00am because Jerry and to leave for work at 6:00am. Kaysen didn't want to wake up until I reminded him that Santa had a present out in the living room for him. Gage could care less that Santa came and rolled right over and tried to fall back asleeep. Until I told him to go see if Santa brought him a new Mickey or Dora movie. (What do you know, there was one in his stocking??) This made him sit right up and run out of his room. Once he saw his little atv toy he didn't care about much else. Any toy he unwrapped when in the bucket on the back and he'd drive it all over the house.
Kaysen got a train set from Santa and was really excited and played with it for a good while. Then we said it was time to unwrap the other presents and he says, "Mom. Could you do me a favor? Could you get the box that has my Tap Leap Reader in it? I said, "Why do you think you have one of those?" His reply was, "Because it's what I wanted for Christmas." So I made him unwrapp some gifts and then finally he uwrapped his Tag Leap Reader and the smile on his face made all of it worth it. He was so excited and I loved it.
The worst part of the day was that Jerry had to go to work at 6:00am and didn't get home until almost 7:00pm that night. So for me, it didn't really feel like Christmas. The boys and I ate breakfast at Jerry's grandpa's house which was wonderful, then we just hung out at Jerry's parents house for a few hours and came home. The boys had so much fun playing with all their new toys with their cousins and had a great day.
1 comment:
My bad. :) I've made a "honey do" list for Merrick and getting those pics to everyone is on the list! It should happen soon! Hopefully tomorrow. I loved the post! Keep it up :)
Post a Comment