I am just excited to announce that I am finally done canning. Well I have been for 2 weeks now but am just remembering to announce my excitement now.
We got home from Disney Land on September 2nd and pretty much every day since then I have been canning.
What could I possible can for that long you ask?
Here is my list of completed canning items:
30 pints of squash and zucchini
10 pints of pork
13 pints of beef
5 quarts of chicken
12 1/2 pints of peach jam
22 quarts of peaches + 2 pints of peaches (2-40lb boxes)
39 quarts of applesauce + 9 pints of appleasauce (3-36lb boxes)
12 1/2 pints of jalepenos
8 1/2 pints of green chilis
29 pints of sweet meat sauce ( a family recipe mmm.mmm.mmm)
24 pints of salsa
9 1/2 pints of sweet pickle relish
and I'm thinking there may be even more to add to this list, but my brain is fried and I can't remember all of it.
Besides canning all of this I bagged, sealed and froze some more peaches, zuchinni, squash, corn, green chilis and jalepenos.
It's rewarding to see our year supply add up and to know that I worked hard to get it there. But I have to admit that Jerry helped me a ton too. He helped peel all of the peaches and apples. And boy do I owe him big for all of the help. He's pretty awesome huh?
The bad part is that we are still getting tomatoes like crazy but I don't want to can anymore so they are kinda going to waste. Its impossible to eat 20 tomatoes a day. So if you need any tomatoes come one over!
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment