On the day theses babies turned 5 months old my mom and I loaded up the car and went to Thatcher for my cousins sealing. (Jer kept the older two home so I could have a little break)
It was their first "road trip." Boy were they amazing. They weren't too happy about being put back in the car seat after each break but the crying only lasted about 2 minutes and then they were angels.
Here's the low down on what they are doing now...
Kynlee has the softest little voice and just coos so quietly. But she moves her mouth and tongue like she is really trying to talk to you. She loves her jumper toy and just jumps and jumps like crazy. She has even been caught asleep in it.
She moves around so much when she's laying down. She folds in half and pulls her feet up as high as she can and grabs onto those tiny toes then tries to eat them.
Teagen is still a loud squealer. He's constantly making noises. Every time he wakes up he lays in his crib just laughing and talking for a good 10 minutes or longer. He is my early riser though. However it doesn't bother me because he's so smiley and happy...and he's been sleeping until at least 6:00am. (knock on wood!!!). He prefers to spend his time sitting in his bumbo chair watching everyone.
Slowly, he's starting to like the jumper toy but not as much as that sister of his. He loves his fingers. They must taste delicious because they constantly look like prunes from being in his mouth any time he's awake.
We've just started trying to feed them cereal...
It's one more area where they are so different. Teagen is my good nurser. Kynlee is still the difficult one when it comes to nursing...simply because she is still a loud, guzzler who has to burp all the time. Kynlee is my good cereal eater and gobbles that stuff right up. Teagen just spits it out as soon as enters his mouth.
They are both getting really good at grabbing anything within reach. Boy my hands are getting full already. It's tricky business trying keep my phone, spoon, and anything else stretched away so they can't get it.
Life has been easier though...
After a couple weeks of very little sleep and always having at least one baby awake during the day I finally started making them stay awake at the same time then putting them down for naps at the same time. One always wakes up before the other, usually Teagen, he's my cat napper. But I have a good hour at a time (usually) where they are both asleep. This has helped with giving my older two the attention they need too. At night I have been letting them cry a bit longer...now that we are in our own room (YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!) I can tolerate them crying longer. After just a few minutes they are usually back asleep and go through the night. I think the trick is working (for Teagen the most) because he hasn't even made a sound the past couple nights. I've had to feed Kynlee a few times during the night because she won't go back to sleep but at least it's only one baby for now...(I'm seriously keeping my fingers crossed on this one!!)
While I was in Thatcher, Jerry took Kaysen and Gage horse riding at a friends house.
They were having a blast. Kaysen was in heaven and didn't want to leave at all. He learned how to make the horse stop, go, and turn. He thinks he's quite the PROFESSIONAL now and keeps asking when they can go back. Then Jerry took them shooting and quad riding. I'm pretty sure they'd love for me to go out of town again so they could have that much fun with Dad more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment