Today has been a rough one for Gage. This little tyke has been walking for 15 days now and has had no major falls. That is a pretty big deal.
Well today that record has been broken and a new one for most falls in one day has been set.
At approximately 9:00 am I am sewing two new quilts for my boys (trying to start the Christmas presents early because I'm such a procrastinator) and Gage runs into the card table that my sewing machine is propped up on.
Approx 9:05am he runs into the card table again.
Approx 9:30am he falls on his rear end and it hits the corner of my desk next to my card table.
By now he was well past crying. I held him and put him to bed hoping that when he woke up he would find his Equal Librium.
He wakes up from his nap in a darn tootin good mood. Then 10 minutes later he falls and hits his head on his train.
Then his older brother pushes him over at least 20 times throughout the day. (Not all of them on purpose. Kaysen was trying to show Gage how SUPER FAST he can run and Gage wanted to keep up...but by the time he got to Kaysen, Kaysen was turning around running the other direction straight at Gage.)
At approx 5:07pm our happy family is standing in the driveway waiting for Jerry's carpooling friend to pick him up for work and Gage gets a bit top heavy and hits the front of his head on the concrete. Poor kid wasn't running fast or anything. Just standing still...looked down and WHAM. I guess that is what happens when your head is in the 90%??? The goose egg instantly appears.
I get him calmed down and happy then 1 hour later he is walking in our kitchen, steps on a book and slips head first into the leg on our kitchen table.
Approx. 7:30pm and he hits his head again on the desk next to my card table as I'm sewing. Needless to say. I quit sewing for the day and put my boys in the bathtub. It's been a LONG day...and I still need to look for some bubble wrap so I can protect my little boy better tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
(p.s. you can't see all of the bruises on his head in the picture but there is a total of 6 good size bruises. SIX....all in one day. Please don't call CPS I promise...he'll get his balance sooner or later!!
No comments:
Post a Comment