Sunday, August 16, 2009

What happened to that girl???

As a kid I LOVED mud. I loved the feel of it squishing between my toes. I remember Kara Brewer and I making mud pies in her front yard. We would set them on top of the bricks that lined the grass. We even got mud on her sisters radio that we brought outside to jam out to while we worked. She wasn't too happy about it. But man...we thought we were going to make so much money selling these "pies" to people. Can you believe that NO ONE bought one???

Anyways...I often wonder what happened to THAT little girl??

You know....the one that is too grown up now and worries entirely way too much about what others think.

The one that now worries about the stains not coming out of her kids clothes.

The one that now worries about how messy her house will be afterwards.

The one that says she doesn't have enough time to let her kids just run loose in the backyard for a few hours.

The one that worries about her kids eating a little dirt.

The one that is not letting her kids be KIDS and enjoy the same things she enjoyed as a kid.

The one that is WAY to uptight and needs to just sit back and try squishing her feet in the mud again.

I want to find THAT girl that I used to be. I want to be more carefree and laid back. Really.

I mean REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to be THAT girl again.

So I'm trying to do that.

I'm going back to basics....and so far I'm loving every minute of it!!!

So are my boys! (and that is the best part of me finding THAT girl again.)




I sure love freckled faced little boys...

(Don't mind the slobber running down his chin from laughing so hard.)




(p.s. The mud stains didn't come out of these clothes...but I've decided that these will now be the "play" clothes and they can get as muddy as they want...whenever they want!)

2 comments:

jasonandjannafamily said...

your little boys are cute.. I understand what your are talking about.. i need to let go to and play in the mud too.:)

Alicia said...

This post makes me so happy. So very very happy.
You are such a good mom because you are such a good person.