Saturday, January 30, 2010

I needed a Quaker Chewy Granola Bar Today...

Have you ever seen the commercials for Quaker Chewy Granola Bars that used to be on t.v.?

Which one you ask?

You know....the one where kids are saying REALLY embarrassing things about people in front of complete strangers. So, to get the kid to quit talking the mom or dad quickly gives them a granola bar.

Today, I definitely needed one of these in my bag. (Strangely, I usually always have one in there but of course...not today!)

Anyways....

I was at my local grocery store and remembered I needed to get a few cans of tomato sauce. Kaysen, my little boy that I previously mentioned is such a big helper, decides that he wants to help me get a few cans. I let him help me, even though it takes about 5 minutes to grab 4 cans because he has to stack all the cans that fell over up. No, he didn't knock them over, they are in the bottom shelf in a bin all thrown in together. He wanted them "all stood up mom!"

An older gentleman walks by me, as I'm asking Kaysen to please hurry, then tells me I'm going to miss my little boys help when he no longer wants to help me or when he's 18 and moves out of the house. The poor guy even had tears in his eyes as he said this...so I'm guessing he really misses his children. (And by the way, yes I know I will miss this kid oh so much. Many times I want to freeze time but alas I can't!)

Kaysen turns around to this guy and says,"My daddy has big pants like that...but not THAT big!"

Did I mention that this guy was a large gentlemen???

I just blabbed something like, "Yep. Daddy has big pockets like those on his work pants huh?" Trying to sidetrack Kaysen but instead Kaysen says again, "Yep Mom. But not as HUGE as that big guys."

Oh gosh...where is my chewy granola bar when I need it???

Before this, a man was putting chips in the aisle and Kaysen stood in his way so the man asked if Kaysen was going to help him. Kaysen looks at the man, rolls his eyes and says,"NO. I only help my mom" then stomped off.

5 minutes after the HUGE pocket guy incident, Kaysen has to go to the bathroom. (Like always when I have a basket full of groceries and a germ infested public bathroom to contain 2 boys in.)

Anyways, we pass a pregnant woman on the way in and Kaysen says, "Hey mommy. She has a HUGE belly like the other guy!"

Seriously, I wanted to die from laughing once I got in the car and then when I got home and was able to replay the story for Jerry. But at those moments, in the store I really wished I had something to stick in his mouth to keep it shut.

Moral of the story...keep Quacker Chewy Granola Bars in my purse at ALL times.

2 comments:

John and Juli said...

I love a good story! that is so funny. Nayvee went through a phase like that when she was learning her colors, and began noticing people came in different colors too! I'll leave it to your imagination from there.

Tia said...

Oh sheesh! That was awesome. Merrick and I got a good laugh! Thanks!!