Both of my boys woke up early and both were full of energy from the start.
I knew I was going to have to be more creative than normal with them...and that's hard for me. I don't come up with new ideas very well.
So I decided that we would make homemade valentines and send them to our loved ones.
It was a success!
Do you see the smile on this boys face???
It stayed there practically the whole time we made them and it took almost 2 hours. 2 hours of 100% attention and fun.
Gage had fun coloring all over too...but he didn't last the whole 2 hours. He got pretty bored with it after about 30 minutes. But hey...he had fun and now the Valentine's have his special touch too. (along with our fridge...:( )
Here is the finished product on a couple of them. So for those of you who receive one...sorry its no surprise anymore.
They are nothing MAJOR special, but they were kid made & made with love.
Here Kaysen wrote "love" he knows how to write each of these letters but he didn't know which order or how many of them to write. Notice that it really says llllove. That just means he REALLY loves Taron.
Now he is writing XOXO but it is really XOOX. He thinks that all O's have to have a circle in them. I think this is because on certain fonts on his shirts and other stuff it looks like it has another cirlce in them.
Then we made some "sweethearts." It is a delicious recipe that I found in our Friend magazine. If you want to try it click HERE It is just jello (i used strawberry jello instead) and pudding but Kaysen loves it. We have it in the fridge setting up now and tomorrow we will cut it into heart shapes. I would have done it sooner but I can't seem to find my heart cookie cutter and need to get one.
1 comment:
Aren't you creative?!? I have been thinking about you lately wondering how it's going so far away :) It's funny that I think its far huh? Are you liking it? I know you were excited to get there and it looks lovely!
Post a Comment