Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Typical Conversation...

Yesterday I was driving to Winslow to go grocery shopping and luckily both of my boys were in really good moods.

Picture the following:

Kaysen: "Mom I want thunder."
Me: "Okay bud."

(thunder is ACDC thunderstruck. The other day I pulled out one of my mixed cd's that I made in high school. The cranberries are on there and that is who I was looking for when Jerry heard ACDC thunderstruck and made me go back. Both our boys proceeded to play their guitars and bob thier heads around. Now they both have to listen to it at least 5 times each car ride.)

Kaysen: THUNDER!!....THUNDER!!!!....THUNDER!!!!
Me: Laughing and singing along.
Kaysen: Mom, do trains use gas?
Me: Um yes, some of them do use gas, others use coal.
Kaysen: Where do they put the gas?
Me: Under the orange locomotive engine. See that silver tank under it? (I'm trying to show him this as a train drives by)
Kaysen: How do they put it in there? With a hose?
Me: Yep
Kaysen: A long hose?
Me: Sure
Kaysen: How big is the gas tank? Huge?
Me: Yep
Kaysen: How big is the gas pump? Really huge?
Me: Sure
Kaysen: Who puts the gas in the tank mom?
Me: I don't know bud.
Kaysen: Why not?
Me: Because I'm not there when they fill it up. I don't know who does it.
Kaysen: Why aren't you there to see them fill it up?
Me: Because I'm driving with you.
Kaysen: Drive to the gas station and watch then.
Me: No we are going to the store.
Kaysen: To buy Peter's birthday present?
Me: Yep
Kaysen: Two presents
Me: Maybe
Kaysen: I get one too?
Me: No, it isn't your birthday.
Kaysen: Someday it will be.
Me: Yep, but not yet.
Kaysen: Why not?
Me: Because your birthday is in October. It is only May.

He did not like this answer and continually asked me when it would be October and why he was born in October and not now. No matter what answer you give this kid. It never satisfies him. I just have to distract him onto another subject which ends up being a contiually revolving cycle of distracting him to other subjects and answering millions of questions that leave him unsatisfied.

Today.

Gage and Kaysen are playing with the clothes hamper.

Kaysen: Gage! Don't step on it. I had it first.
Gage: AAAAHHHHH!!!!
Kaysen: Gage! Don't you know how to listen??

(hmmm...I wonder where he heard this statement?)

5 comments:

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

haha your boys are so funny! I love reading your posts...i always laugh.

Tia said...

That is so awesome! Those boys crack me up!

Mo said...

Gage! Don't you know how to listen??

ahahah that makes my night. sounds like something you probably once said to me hahah

Mo said...

Gage! Don't you know how to listen??

ahahah that makes my night. sounds like something you probably once said to me hahah

Blain&Deedra said...

I love kids, the conversations we get into with them, people probably think we're nuts, my girls are starting to have actual conversations with me and it cracks me up. They are also starting to be really bossy to the other kids it's pretty hilarious.