Unfortunately this post will have no pictures of the story I am about to tell...I didn't think I would need the camera so I didn't bring it...needless to say, from now on I'm taking my camera everywhere.
Last night we took the kids to the Joseph City pool (yes we have an indoor swimming pool) because it was the last night for open swim.
The boys loved it.
Kaysen is doing so much better at holding his breath under water...thanks to a second round of swimming lessons.
I believe that was the 2nd time Gage has been in a real pool.
The kid was in heaven.
We taught him how to blow bubbles in the water and he actually did amazing.
I knew Kaysen would want to jump off of the edge of the pool and have us catch him but I didn't want Gage doing it because I know how brave he is and that he will jump off with no one there to catch him.
I was right.
Luckily we were always there to catch him...but he wanted to jump when we weren't ready.
He saw the diving board and immediately started running there.
So...Jerry swam down to the 10 1/2 foot deep section while I walked Gage along the diving board. He was a bit scared as he walked along but as soon as he saw Jerry he crouched down and jumped right off...twice.
He wanted to do it again and again but we didn't let him.
That kid is definitely going to be my brave little dare devil that I will have to watch out for all the time. The boy isn't even 2 years old and there he is doing what 6 year olds were scared to do.
Oh man I hope I have the endurance to keep up with this boy....
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why does that not surprise me!? He is all boy. Boys don't realize what they do to their mother's hearts. You have to be tough to raise boys. Good thing you are. Kaysen reminds me so much of how Castin is. I know I say that a lot but it's true. They both are just growing up too stinkin' fast. Thanks again for all your help at the party. Love ya tons!!!
Post a Comment