Once we got to the park we saw many booths set up for the kids.
They had mini golf...the boys liked it but it took them quite a while to get the hang of it.
They had water slides/pools. This was definitely their favorite place to be that day. We took them back about 3 times. I dont' blame them though...it was major hot out that day. This one was just perfect for Gage. He went up the little stairs and down that slide a million times and never got sick of it.
And Kaysen LOVED this one. Here is is sliding down for the first time. He was a little unsure because once he hit that first bump he caught some good air and went flying. He decided he loved it and continued going down all three slides on this thing. As you can tell, it was a hit with all of the kids.
Every year they even have activities for us big kids. This year Jerry and I were on an outdoor volleyball team with our sister in law, Kylie, and Jerry's Dad, Nelson. It was single elimination though and we lost our first game but it was close and we had so much fun. Jerry and I also competed in a horseshoe tournament but didn't do too well there either. We only made it to play 2 games. Maybe next year we'll do better??
This is my cheesey boy taking a picture, enjoying his snow cone as we watch some volleyball.
And this is my other cheesey boy that won't show that typical smile because he is WAY too busy enjoying his snowcone.
We enjoyed some delicious hamburgers while we sat and watch volleyball too. You can see the remains of the hamburger on Gage's face below....This picture of Gage is just 2 minutes after sitting him in the car. I took the pic just as his eyes were closing. We sure wore him out...and the rest of us too.
We headed home for a little nap before we headed to the gym for Jerry's 3 on 3 basketball tournament. His Dad and brothers, Jeremy and Tyson all played. I can't believe how active his dad is...he will be 61 years old but he's out there every year competing in all of the events. I hope Jerry and I can say that when we are his age. They actually did pretty good too...they won 4 out of 6 games, not sure what place that is but that was pretty impressive to me. The 3 on 3 tourney is a major hit here every year and they always have a lot of good teams.
After the basketball tourney we headed to Jerry's parents house to eat dinner and play my favorite card game...ROOK. They've hooked me on that game.
Holbrook had their firework show on Sunday so we headed over there and parked the truck to watch. The boys were a little stir crazy from sitting in the bed of the truck for an hour but we battled that with Dora. Luckily we had our DVD player in the truck or else I would have gone crazy.

Once the fireworks began they sat still and watched...for 10 minutes.
Once they decided to start getting crazy again we decided to leave. We headed over out Bill and Sandy's house to play 6 man wahoo. We had never heard of it but decided to give it a try. Its a game like aggravation with a little bit of a twist. Krystin and Kyle won the first round, then Jerry and I won the second...thanks to Bill for killing Kyle before he could put his last man in place :) Then we realized it was nearly midnight and our kids were still awake so we headed home.
We had a fun and busy 4th and we are so grateful that we live in a town that makes it so much fun and special and we are so grateful that we live in a country where we have our freedom. Thanks to all the servicemen and women out there who make it possible!
4 comments:
I absolutely LOVE the pic of Gagers in the back of your truck! It makes me laugh. I love the Fourth of July and it is so much fun here in J.C. (Jerry and Charlsye right?!?) Talk to ya later.
What a fun 4th :) We will definitely have to have you guys back over for a rematch of WaHoo !!
What a fun day!!! I may have to come to Joe town next year!
Hey, my boys had those matching shirts too! Gotta love Old Navy. Sounds like you guys had fun and I love the small town activities. Maybe one day I will live in a small town again...
Post a Comment