I enrolled Kaysen in swimming lessons this summer.
The first day I had to wake him up from a much needed nap in order to make it to lessons on time.
As we walk through the door to the pool, the instructor smiles and say, "Looks like somebody isn't too happy to be here."
Kaysen looks up at her.
Then looks back down and with a pouting lip says, "No. I don't want to be here!"
I'm thinking to myself that this lady must think I have one grouch of a kid.
They took him over where all the other kids were and did a little introduction then asked them to go hop in the shower before they got in the water.
Needless to say Kaysen wouldn't go.
Finally I convinced him to go and just stick his head in, not his whole body.
Soon it was time to get in the water.
Water must be like medicine, or like chocolate.
Because instantly this boys attitude changed.
He started being the spazzy little boy I know.
Making funny faces, and really just acting spaztic and loving that his instructors were laughing at him. They later told me that he was the most hilarious kid they've met...
He still listened well though when they were talking, but as soon as they would finish he'd be go right back to acting like Kaysen.
At the end of the lessons they took all of the kids over to the diving board to let them jump off.
I was shocked that Kaysen wanted to do it.
He's umm....my logically thinking kid. (and a bit of a scardy (sp?) cat)
Here's the video of it....(ignore the wierd sound at the beginning...don't know what it is!)
He was a bit too scared to jump himself so he told his instructor to drop him in...
Swimming cured the grouchiness...until lessons were over.
Then he cried the whole way home because he wanted to keep swimming.
At least he has been excited every day since to go to swimming lessons.
No comments:
Post a Comment