Wednesday, July 27, 2011

27 Weeks...


Here I am at 27 weeks pregnant. (once again, photo courtesy of Kaysen Miller) I've been meaning to get so many pictures but each time I think about it, I'm in pajamas, no make up, tired as heck, or if I am actually somewhat ready, Jerry isn't around to take a picture. Tonight I decided it was time to get a picture no matter how tired I looked. So out came the camera. I am feeling bigger and bigger each day (duh?) yet people tell me I can't possibly be carrying twins. I know that I am much more uncomfortable now that I was at this stage with my last two pregnancies though. I finally made it to the chiropractor on Monday and I now wonder what took me so long to get in there. I kept putting it off but man I feel soooo much better.


On July 6th we went to a high risk specialist in the valley. We were able to get some 3D pictures of the babies. Here is baby A or our girl. Turns out that she is literally being smashed by her brother so her picture is really distorted. It took nearly an hour to get all of the needed photos of her because she is a little contortionist and wouldn't hold still.

While we were there we found out that she has a marginal umbilical cord insertion to the placenta. Basically, it means that her umbilical cord attached to the edge of the placenta instead of the "meaty" center part. This can cause her to not get the nutrients she needs. She has always been bigger than her brother but in this ultrasound she was 3oz smaller. (Not a big difference at all, many twins are 1lb different towards the end. ) But, it is something that we have to monitor. I am still on slight bedrest, my cervix is still thin but not opening so we aren't too worried about it right now. But now I'm down because if I am laying down, my blood flow goes to the areas it's needed more and that would be the placentas. If I'm up and moving the blood has to go to many more areas and the placentas don't get everyting they need. So hopefully this helps our babies get what they need a bit more. I get another ultrasound next week. If her growth has slowed drastically, the only thing they can do is to induce labor and perform a c-section around 30-31 weeks. Most twins stop their growing at that point so she would have a better chance of growing outside the womb. We are just praying that she is developing and growing stronger each day, even if she is small, and making it all the way to at least 35 weeks. Other than that, she looks 100% healthy and we are so grateful!!


By the way...she is probably (99.99999% sure) going to be named Kynlee Claire Miller. Claire is after Jerry's grandma who passed away years ago.

And here is a 3D picture of baby B or our boy. His picture is more clear. Don't ask me what is in the photo to the right of this one. They printed it with the others and didn't label it. I tried to crop it out of the pic, but my computer won't let me. If you can decipher what it is...let me know. :)
He looks 100% healthy and is growing great. This time we got to see him kick his sister in the head. Usually he is pretty laid back and is taking all of the kicking from her but his time he was moving like crazy and kept kicking up a storm in there.

And this is going to be Teagen Jett or Teagen Blake Miller. We are really divided on the middle name right now. We like Jett because it is different (well now I know a lot who are using it for a first name but I still like it soooo much) I didn't want this little guy to be named after anyone because Gage isn't and I didn't want Gage being our only child not named after someone. ( I tried to get Gage to be Gage Hunt Miller, after Jerry's grandma's maiden name but he didn't like it. So he is Gage Ryan. Then a year later we talked about it and Jerry wondered why we didn't use it because he now liked it...ugh!!! ) We both like the name Blake and it is my Grandpa Duncan's name and he has no one named after him. So we are still debating the middle name for this little guy. Hopefully we'll agree on it sometime soon :)

p.s. Jerry got a new job as an Electrician and Insturment Repairman Apprentice. He starts Monday August 1st!!! So this is his LAST set of nights!!! He actually loves shift work and isn't looking forward to giving up his 1 week straight off per month. I too am not looking forward to that but I am looking forward to having my husband home every day at 3:30pm and getting him every holiday and Sunday!!! It came at just the right time! I was soooo not looking forward to having 4 kids at church by myself 2 Sunday's a month or trying to keep 2 new little babies quiet while he slept (especially if I was up all night alone with them while he was working.) This new job is an apprenticeship, where APS pays him and trains him in this specific line of work. It will last about 4 years, then he will be a journeyman. He has a lot of hard work and studying ahead of him but I know that he will do great!!!

2 comments:

Chelsea Coon said...

You look great!! And I love the names you chose, super super cute!!

Blain&Deedra said...

It's a foot and leg!!! I think I've seen too many ultrasounds in my life! The bottom right corner you can see the foot and the leg extends up to the to. The squiggles are probably just the fluid moving or parts of the placenta. Hopefully everything goes well with your little girl. I love the names too, and congrats on your husbands new job.