Note: Gage is in this new stage. He wants to change his clothes a million times a day and is very picky about which clothes he wants to change into. All of which happen to be clothes that are a) pajamas or b) do not match at all. I'm a little picky about matching clothes. I know I need to let my kids be kids but this is something I really struggle with. Kaysen never really did this type of thing. He has wanted to wear some pretty strange things...like snow boots with shorts. Or my personal favorite...a really tight belt with his shirt tucked in and his pants pulled up a bit too high....or he loves to wear long socks with shorts. I don't know why that one bothers me so much but it REALLY does. I'm figuring out that my boys are starting to get older and want to do things their own way. Kaysen is the kind of boy that will choose what he wants to wear each day, but if I hint to him it doesn't match, 90% of the time he'll change it. He sticks to what I want, because it makes me happy (I'm selfish huh?) and in the end, he makes choices that I would make. Now he will only wear certain shirts with certain pants/shorts. And when Gage chooses something that doesn't match it really bothers him too. He is so OCD like me its funny....sometimes. Gage on the other hand, could care less about anything. If he wants it, he wants it. Regardless of anything...there's hardly any room for negotiations with that boy. Just one more way to show how different my boys are already.
This is the 4th outfit of the day for Gage....
Right here Kaysen is telling me that he "hates that dang dog because he stinks so bad." Yes it has been quite some time since Ruger has gotten a bath but I really think that even if he would have gotten one in the past week he would still have that "wet dog" smell that all dogs have when they are wet. It's not appealing to me at all and I don't blame Kaysen for not liking it either. I did try to talk the word "hate" down to "don't like" and focus on not liking the smell vs. not liking Ruger.
And here is a little bit better picture of me at 27 weeks. It's a bit more in focus, and at least my hair is pulled back and I have some mascara on.

I have been "nesting" for a few weeks now. Except I'm not really nesting because I can't get anything done. Our addition isn't done, and I've come to face the fact that it probably won't be done before these little ones arrive. I'm okay with that. They can sleep in our room for a few months, they would be doing that in our new room anyways, the only difference is our new room is bigger.
I have been "nesting" for a few weeks now. Except I'm not really nesting because I can't get anything done. Our addition isn't done, and I've come to face the fact that it probably won't be done before these little ones arrive. I'm okay with that. They can sleep in our room for a few months, they would be doing that in our new room anyways, the only difference is our new room is bigger.
The part that really gets to me is that I can't get their clothes, blankets and other "stuff" organized yet because I have no where to put it. They will be using the closet that we are currently occupying. We have no other place to put our clothes until our addition is done. So I've been going a bit crazy.
Finally, I bought a new dresser for Kaysen and Gage today. They just had this itty bitty one that is perfect for babies. It literally held their pajamas, socks and underwear. They are now nearly 3 and 5 years old. Their clothes were just getting too big for it. All shirts are hung up and all pants have been on shelves in their closet. Now, they have a bigger dresser that holds all of their pajamas, pants, undies and socks. Shirts are still hung up because its much easier to keep them nice and organized that way.
By moving their pants I was able to fit baby blankets in on the shelves, plus I was able to make more room for the boxes of diapers I have stored and will continue to store.
Tomorrow we are going to buy a matching dresser and it will be for the twins clothes. We were just going to have them use the old small one, but that was when I thought I'd have a whole closet to put the rest of their clothes and supplies in. So now all hats, gloves, belts and shoes are in this small dresser and it has changed the look of thier closet. I wish I would have taken a before and after picture to show my accomplishments.
I honestly can't express how much organizing just these couple things have brought my stress level down. As Jerry has pointed out to me in the past couple years...I am a bit OCD about certain things and things like this just happen to be one of them. I have to have things in the right place, or I go crazy.
When thinking of preparing for these little ones is this what I pictured?
Definitely not.
Do I wish we were in our new room?
You betcha. That extra space and new bathroom would be HEAVEN.
Do I wish I had their room set up completely?
You got it. I'd love to have those cribs up, rooms decorated and clothes organized.
But alas, I don't have any of these things and I just gotta deal with it. My husband is over here bustin his little rear end off trying to get us in that new room and I'm sure that me being little miss antsy pants isn't helping any. (although I'm pretty proud of myself for not nagging on him much at all...he just knows me and knows it's making me crazy.) But we are getting one step closer and boy am I grateful....as I am sure Jerry is too.
No comments:
Post a Comment