Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6 Months...

This little gal had her 6 month check up last week.   Did I mention that she is little???  
Weight: 13lbs 11oz (8%)
Height: 24 1/4" (11%)
Head: I can't remember but it was 48%. 
She is ALL over the place. She has really gotten the hang of rolling now and is using that new talent to get anywhere she wants to go. She is even trying to get up on her knees...causing me to be worried. I don't know what I'll do when they're both mobile. 
She loves her mama. Even if I turn so that my back is to her, the tears start coming. She still loves to talk and make noises in that sweet soft voice of hers.  Her favorite thing to suck on is the big toe of her right foot. If she's in her car seat, high chair or laying down, that toe is in her mouth.  She is very sensitive to strangers.  She'll smile at you if you keep your distance, but the moment you're close that bottom lip drops down and the crying begins.  She's been quite sensitive to loud noises too. She used to love the sound of the vacuum but now that brings on the tears too.  People tell me that it comes with having a girl...that they are drama.  We'll have to see about that.  I'll keep her, baby girl drama and all.  

This little man had his 6 month check up also. 
Weight: 14lbs 14oz (6%)
Height: 26" (76%)
Head I once again don't remember but it was the 14% and 1/4" smaller than Kynlee's. 
So he's long but skinny. 
He's still content to stay in pretty much the same place I put him. He can rollover both ways and does it more each day, however just prefers his back. As long as a toy is in his hands he is happy. He loves his jumpy toy and would stay in it all day if I'd let him. He used to be a bit more fussy than his sister but lately that has changed.  He is so chill and laid back...unless he is hungry.  He seems to smile at people quite a bit more than his timid sister too.  Loud noises don't seem to bother him quite as much as they used too either.  He LOVES baby food.  Okay, the boy just flat out loves to eat anything.  As soon as he sees anyone eating his eyes are following the food with this look that says, "Gimme."  

I'll say it again and just hope I'm not jinxed. These babies are AMAZING!!! They still just fall asleep on thier own as soon as they are tired. They wake up happy. They only cry when they are hungry or tired...except for the few times when I walk out of the room. They keep us busy, but I really imagined that it would be worse. I was prepared to be exhausted ALL the time, dealing with crying ALL the time but I"m not...and I LOVE IT.  This stage of motherhood is the hardest yet, but it has been so rewarding.  All  of my kids are awesome...even during the bad moments.  
  
Here's a recap of a typical day...

6:00-7:00am wake up. Eat breakfast, nurse and get dressed. 
8:00am Take Kaysen to school.
8:30-9:30am go down for a nap. 
10:30-11:30am wake up, nurse and play
11:30am pick Kaysen up from school. 
1:00pm take Gage to school
1:00-1:30pm go down for afternoon nap
3:00pm Pick up Gage from school, wake up, nurse and play
5:00pm mini nap. 
6:00pm dinner, nurse and play
8:30pm bath, bottle and bed

Typically they sleep until 6 but a few days they wake me around 5. I do not mind at all though. On those days they just go right back to bed and I start my day. 
They are so fun and happy. We just love the feeling they bring into our home. I can't believe half a year has gone by already. It's been an amazing half year though that I'd do again I'm an instant. 
I mean come on...they are friggin' cute!!!
(Teagen is much longer than Kynlee, he's just slouched in this pic) 

1 comment:

Dr. Mulder said...

oh my goodness they're yummy! nicely done. So cute! Um, and YES, she is tiny. Vivian isn't very big, but she's 13 pounds at 2 months. She got the "she's so small" comments until last week...I think it's because we're back to breast feeding. I kinda think the formula made her shrink or something...it was the opposite with our others...and even at the beginning with Vivian. I loved reading this post though. For some reason I forgot how the first year goes, so it's fun to see what I have to look forward too. Right now she just lays there and smiles and goos and falls asleep. I love it, but I LOVE LOVE when they start doing stuff. I'm in no hurry this time since it's the last for everything. :(