Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Big Helper
I was off to an early start yesterday morning but as soon as I woke up and looked outside I knew that it was going to be a fun day! I couldn't wait for the sun to come up so that Kaysen and I could go play out in the snow. As soon as he woke up I showed him the snow and he ran to his bedroom to get his "boo snow boots." He was already wanting to head out there and jump in the snow. I had to explain to him that we need to wait for Gage to take a nap and for it to get just a bit warmer before we went outside. A couple hours later I came out with Jerry's waterproof work boots on. Yes, Jerry's and yes it looked like I was wearing skis. However, I do not own a real pair of waterproof boots and I didn't want my feet to get soaked. Kaysen thought it was quite funny that I was wearing Daddy's boots. So I bundled my little man up and headed outside.
Jerry worked the night shift so he was in bed sleeping so I decided I'd try shoveling the driveway. (by the way...thank you Jerry for shoveling our driveway every other time it has needed it. That really is a tough job...my back was killing me by the time I was halfway done!!)
Of course Kaysen thought he had to help, so I got his little green shovel and away he went. He trudged through the deep stuff in our yard and dug it all up then would walk to the edge of our driveway and dump it all in the piles I was making. He really thought he was being mom's big helper. And he was. A couple of times he would get a bit too much on his shovel and it weighed too much which eventually made him fall in the snow...but he would just laugh, get back up and eventually fall back down again.
He was not happy when it was time to go inside but I thought one hour and a zillion boogers later was long enough!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I would have to agree shoveling the driveway is a lot more work than I anticipate....Riley was out there helping me as well...they are funny. Look at Gage and all of his chubbiness....you have some cute kids, and Kaysen is growing up so fast...
WOW! All that snow! One thing I am grateful for is that here in the valley we don't have to shovel snow! but we pay for an awful summer. but no snow to shovel. Kaysen is so cute. :)
Post a Comment