Tuesday, February 24, 2009

There's no"buddy" like a brother

You would think that after 5 1/2 months Kaysen would get used to having a brother around and would eventually get kinda bored with him...not so.

Every time Gage wakes up Kaysen says, "A Gage. Awake!!!" He promptly runs into Gage's bedroom and proceeds to climb into the crib. Gage loves this...as soon as he sees Kaysen he has a BIG smile on his face. Kaysen will then lay next to him and tell him, "Shhh....shhh...It's okay Gage. Momma coming." Awww....
Once I have gotten both of my boys out of the crib I walk into the living room and Kaysen immediately says, "Gage, sit. I wanna hold him. I wanna kiss." I sit Gage on Kaysen's lap and away Kaysen goes. Gage has probably gotten more kisses from Kaysen than anyone. Gage is sooooo good too. He will just sit there and let this kissing, hugging and squeezing happen. After a few minutes however, he will let me know that he has had enough. Gage loves the attention he gets from his big brother though. Kaysen is such a big helper when I am busy and can't get to Gage right away. He loves to help and I love his help!
Whenever I lay Gage on his belly on the floor Kaysen immediately says, "Momma, a camera. A picshure." I don't know how many pictures I have of both of them laying on their bellies....but I'll keep on taking them.
I am currently making a sign for my boys that says,"There's no"buddy" like a brother." Isn't it so true?? They are both still so young but I can already see a bond forming....and I love it. I am so glad that I had two boys in a row...hopefully their bond will continue to grow and they will always keep it growing.

1 comment:

Traci said...

I love that. What a sweet boy. It reminds me of my Easton and Brittyn. He is so good to her and loves her so much. It never gets old watching them and he still hasnt grown out of it so I think youll have awhile. What cute kids.