Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today was a day

Today was a good day.

You see, my husband is off for the next week and we don't have to work on a house that is an hour away anymore. This hasn't stopped him from working though. Here is a picture of him picking then shoveling the dirt out of our trench for our retaining wall. It is too close to the hill so we can't get to it with the backhoe. So, he has to dig a trench that is 18" deep x 18" wide and about 110' long all with a shovel! Did I mention he is a hard worker?? I'd say forget it if it was me, luckily its not up to me because we really need a retaining wall.


Daddy needed a little break from the digging so we took a family excursion to our local pond. Okay, so right now its pretty much just a mud hole, but during monsoon season you might just see it half full!
While on this little excursion Kaysen informed us that he was going to shoot a rabbit. So off we went looking for rabbits. We didn't find any but we did see a bird and Kaysen was trying to shoot it right away. However, we only brought his little BB gun that can only go about 50 yards and with the slightest wind shift you'll miss the target. Needless to say, he didn't get the bird but he had a heck of a time trying.
Of course Gage thought he was big enough to try it out too.
Then we headed home and went for a ride on our mini bike. Jerry just bought this from our nephew last week. He's been joking about buying it for over a year. Well, at least I thought he was joking. Turns out that although it doesn't go that fast and is quite old, it really is fun to ride. Our boys love it. Kaysen can't wait until he's big enough to ride it by himself
Gage loves to ride it and either act like he's chasing me or while I'm driving it he'll try to run after me to catch me. He just laughs the whole time.

Doesn't this thing remind you of Dumb and Dumber??? I love it. It has seriously brought out the kid in me. As I rode it I laughed because I made it shake back and forth (not purposely) just like Lloyd did when he bought the motor bike and was going back for Harry. I haven't laughed like that in a long time. It was like a little kid laugh. It felt great.

Isn't this the face of a little boy who is having soooo much fun??


After all of our outdoor adventures we headed home to make pink heart cupcakes. Kaysen loves to help me cook and was right in there pouring all of the ingredients and stirring the batter. He's always excited to help...I think he was just really excited to see them turn into hearts.


Then we grilled some steaks and headed over to Mr.G's (a local pizza place) to get some ice cream. They have a big projector that they play movies on so we sat there and ate our ice cream and watched Shrek.
Then we headed home and to bed.
There was a time during the day that I stood in the middle of our road and watched Jerry ride the mini bike with Gage on his lap and Kaysen on his four wheeler riding beside Jerry. At that moment I realized how content I am with my life.
No wait.
How HAPPY I am with my life.
Today wasn't just a day. It was a great day!!!
Hope you had a great day too!! :)

1 comment:

Spencer and Chelsea Coon said...

Sounds like fun...its when I think about days like those that I miss living in the "country". I love the simple life. We had a little bike like that haha and all of my siblings LOVED it.