Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rough Day...


I believe that I spent 90% of my day yelling.

I know...I'm horrible.

It just seemed that neither one of my boys wanted to listen to a word that I said.

And after saying the same thing oh about 15 times, I just started getting a tad impatient.

I tried so hard to get my boys to take a nap.

The needed one.

I hoped they would wake up happy.

I needed one.

I hoped I would wake up happy.

After over an hour, the nap never came.

I figured it was useless to fight anymore. Usually they are asleep within 5 minutes of just sitting still on the couch.

I finally gave up.

I continued cleaning my house and all the many other things that needed done.

Finally it was time to do dishes.

My boys were arguing horribly by now...about EVERYTHING.

"He's touching me."

"He's taking my toy."

"Gage, stop!"

"AHHHH!!! MIIINNNNEE!"

"I want that."

"I had it first"

After each incident they would come running to me wanting my intervention. I told them I wouldn't listen. I was tired of them fighting and told them to work it out between themselves.

This did the trick.

Eventually they left each other alone.

5 minutes later this was what my house looked like...





It was heavenly.
I still continued to clean, and didn't get the nap that I really wanted.
But when my boys woke up they were much happier.
And so was I.

1 comment:

kristal said...

Ahh, that's a little Love and Logic. We just went to the seminar a few weeks ago, and honestly our family has never been more happy! It works so great to have the kids do their own thing. Figure out their own problems. We always tell our kids when they come tattle, "do you wan to figure this one out together outside or do you want me to figure it out for you?"...they always stop right away and go back to playing nice. haha. And I'm with ya...naps are MUCH needed. I'm so glad my younger 2 nap while my older 2 are at school. It's 2 hours that I LOVE. I usually either waste it with blogging or facebook, but sometimes I workout or sew. Naps are awesome!