Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day...


Does this look like the face of an excited little boy or what?


( I love this pic because he is so excited to show his new teacher his cowboy belt buckle. He even tucked the front part of his shirt in so it can be seen easier.)

Today was his first day of preschool in Joseph City. He has been wanting to go ever since we moved and he could no longer go to the one in Show Low.

As soon as we got in there the teacher had him arrange the letters of his name in order and then trace the letters of his name. He did both without much help and already earned a super start on the board. He was so excited.

The day went off with only one minor setback...he didn't want to come home with me.

He thought he was going to get to ride the bus home like his cousin Landon.

I was too scared to let him ride it home. We live on a dirt road that the bus won't go on. They would drop him off about 1/2 mile away from our house.

But after 2 days in a row of Gage falling asleep 20 minutes before I have to leave and go get Kaysen I have decided to let him ride it home. I have to be there waiting for him or they won't drop him off, but it will make it a lot easier for me to get him if Gage is asleep. I can hop on the four wheeler and be gone for 5 min at the most and not have to wake my son up.

Now Kaysen is so excited to ride the bus home on Monday...we'll just see how much he really likes it once he does it.

2 comments:

Krystin said...

He is so darn cute! Thanks again for coming over, we had so much fun :)

Blain&Deedra said...

I love reading the stories about your boys. It must be fun to be their mom. And don't stress about the yelling, we all have days like that!