Monday, October 4, 2010

Brothers...

We had the opportunity to listen to our prophet and apostles from the comfort of our living room this weekend. Jerry was at work so it was up to me to get Kaysen and Gage to sit somewhat still for 2 hours.

So before conference I showed pictures of King Benjamin and told Kaysen the story of how everyone made tents to sit in as they listened to King Benjamin. Then I asked him if he wanted to make a tent and sit in it while we listened to our prophet?

What do you think the answer was???

It went something like....a jump in the air with an arm thrusted upwards and a "YEAHHHH!" As he ran in the kitchen to help move chairs.



2 minutes later we had our tent....

And it actually worked at keeping them still, as long as the had snacks to eat as they listened. Gage was a bit harder to work with but Kaysen actually did so good.

At one point Kaysen was starting to move around quite a bit so I said, "Kaysen, you need to be reverent and listen. Do you now what they are talking about?"

He replies, (with attitude) "Yeah. He's talking about Joseph Smith Mom. You know that guy that saw Jesus."

Hmmm...I guess he does listen. Many times, better than I do.

1 comment:

Tia said...

That's such a clever idea! Remind me about that when I have kids that age and I need to listen to conference. :)