Tonight I sat at home while they rode when suddenly I got a phone call from Jerry.
"I'm stuck."
"You're kidding," I reply. This guy never gets stuck and he's quite a prankster so I thought he really was just teasing me.
"Nope. I'm in the wash. Bring the truck some muletape and my leatherman and get me out."
I laughed...and then complied.
Yesterday we had one heck of a rain storm. On our property is a little wash that used to have a dam that held the water in so that it was a little pond. Well one REALLY good rain storm a while back washed most of that dam out. Yesterday's rain storm finished the job. Kaysen asked Jerry if they could drive through where the dam used to be. So away they went. They made it most of the way. I guess, when suddenly the quad just sunk in the mud and no amount of coercion would get it out. The mud was definitely 3/4 of the way up the tires.
So I backed our truck up as close as possible. Jerry cut some muletape and tied it to the quad. One little tug later and it was free. The boys thought it was such an adventure. Jerry told me not to post it...sorry babe. It's a good memory that our boys love talking about.

Jerry spent the next hour cleaning all of the mud off and wasn't in that great of a mood as he cleaned.

No comments:
Post a Comment