Our oldest son turned 5 yesterday...
he chose to have a Toy Story Birthday.
On Monday I whipped up some cupcakes to take to his class...his birthday wasn't for 3 more days but I was worried that I'd go into labor and then he wouldn't get to take cupcakes to school like I promised him he could. So we did it a couple days early....did he mind???
Absolutely NOT!
As I walked into his classroom he said, "My Mom's the best...she made me TOY...STORY.... CUPCAKES!!!" Man did that put a smile on my face...as it did for the rest of the class. They were excited to get a new snack. They sang Happy Birthday to him, then dove right on in to the delicious treat.
The morning of his birthday, Jerry and I woke Kaysen up by singing Happy Birthday to him. He wanted to open his presents and have French Toast before Dad left for work. So that's what we did.
He tore into that present so fast...and that smile is still on his face when he sees or thinks about his new "Nerf Shotgun!"
The past two mornings it is the first thing he does when he wakes up. He loves shooting it at the big window in our living room and having the bullets stick to it. He's pretending he is shooting birds and coyotes. He really is in love with that toy. I think Dad and I scored big on choosing this as his present this year.
That night we let him pick what he wanted for dinner. What did he pick?? The same as his brother...McDonalds.
After dinner we headed home to eat another cupcake, sing Happy Birthday and blow out some candles. He blew all 5 out in one big puff and thought he was hot stuff.
After that was done he asked when the twins were coming because, "Mom, you told me they would be born before my birthday and my birthday is almost over and they aren't here yet."
I wish that I had an answer for him...but mostly I'm just glad that they didn't come on his birthday. He gets to keep it for himself.
We love this big boy that is often to "old" for his own good. He is our biggest helper and always reminds us of what we need to do and how to act.
No comments:
Post a Comment