It has been a crazy and tiresome week.
We went to the doctor on Monday. Kynlee got back to her birthweight of 4lbs 14oz. Teagen weighed 4lbs 5.5oz. The doctor wanted him to gain a bit more weight and try to get a bit more meat on his bones. She instructed me to feed him every 2 hours, start of one feeding to start of next feeding. At first I said "Okay." Then common sense (and stressed out emotions) knocked into me. I realized that because I'm nursing only I'd be getting MAYBE 45minutes of sleep at a time if I did this. I do not function well without sleep. I get a bit emotional and strung out. So Tuesday I decided that I'd feed every 2 hours during the day, if they would wake up, but at night I'd let them sleep until they were hungry. This ended up being about every 3 1/2 hours. So I'd get about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Much, much better than 45 minutes.
Yesterday we had a follow up for Teagen's weight. The doctor asked how often I fed. I lied. I told her every 2 hours. We weighed him...he was 4lbs 10.5oz. The doctor wanted him to gain 1oz a day for a total of 3oz for this check up. He gained 5.5oz...doing it my way :)
Kaysen is still the best big brother possible. He asks daily to hold them, burp them, feed them, give them their binki and ANYTHING else that he can think of. He's been amazing!! He was so excited when I finally pumped so that he could feed them at home for the first time. If anything...this boy wants to help a bit too much but I won't change it. I love that he loves his brother and sister so much.
Gage is...adjusting. The whole pregnancy we were a bit more worried about how he would react to no longer being the baby. He is a BIT attached to me you see. Always has been.
At first when we brought the babies home we'd ask him if he wanted to hold one of them and he'd say, "Not yet. I don't need to." The past couple days have been much better though and he is now asking to hold them and when he does he tells them he loves them and gives them kisses. He is very sweet to the babies...he just doesn't want to listen to and obey his parents all that much. He has also started saying that he doesn't know how to do things...like feed himself, put his shoes on, go to the bathroom. I know he's doing it so that he'll get our attention and help.
I just pray that I'll know how to balance the demands of being a mother to 4 wonderful children that can all be quite demanding.
Kynlee and Teagen love sleeping next to each other. I just loved this picture and had to throw it in there.
I also have to give a shout out to my amazing Mom who came and helped us out for a few days while Jerry had to go to work/school. I couldn't have done it without her. Having a natural birth and a c-section took a lot out of me and I took a bit longer to heal than I did on past deliveries. She did all of my housework, cooked meals, held babies, paid attention to my older boys and was the biggest help ever. Thanks Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment