This year we had a pirate and a dirt bike rider grace us with their presence at Halloween time.
Gage would go to up to people and say, "Argh Matey (sp?). Trick or Treat!"
Kaysen would say, "Vroom, eeeerrr, Vroom. Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat!" (imitate dirt bike sound...don't know how to really type out the spelling for the sound he would make) We tried to persuade him not to say the rhyme. So instead we made up a new one..."Trick or Treat. Have some fun. I love bubble gum?" (yes corny...but it worked)
On Saturday night we headed to the annual Halloween Carnival at the school.
I went in style. Instead of carrying around 2 carseats and chasing two kids I opted to wear my Moby Wrap. That way I had hands to help Jerry a bit more. Jerry thought I looked hilarious. I just loved being able to enjoy the evening a bit more.
They had many fun games, like the bean bag toss, ring toss, balloon darts, fishing and more. This is the only pic we got of the boys playing.(notice kaysen getting his winnings in the background...) Our hands were too full of goodies so we forgot to take more pics. Good thing I wore my Moby wrap or we definitely wouldn't have been able to carry everything.
Gage did great at the bean bag toss and would have played all night if we would have let him. Kaysen loved the balloon dart game and was so excited when heactually popped a balloon.
Monday night we went trick or treating and the boys had so much fun. They walked away with way too much loot, but I'm sure Jerry and I can help them make sure it is put to good use.
Of course we had to stop by Grandma Miller's to get some more good stuff. Luckily we timed it pretty good and most of the other grandkids were there at the same time so we got a couple group pictures.
Halloween was fun this year although we didn't get to do some of the traditions that I usually insist on doing. Yes, we didn't even carve a pumpkin. However, it came down to my sanity and traditions and this year I chose sanity...and sleep. Hopefully next year won't be SOO crazy and we'll get back in the swing of things and keep our traditions going.
1 comment:
You look sooo cute carrying those little babies around! You are a trooper for even leaving the house with them so little. You are super women!
Post a Comment