Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 S's

I know it's a new year. But that's not why I'm doing this. I've never been good at resolutions. I just want to be a better mom. It just so happens that I got the idea when I was up with the babies during the night the other night. That's my thinking time and scripture reading time. I just pull out my kindle fire and soak it all in. 

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed sometimes. (I wonder why?) 

My babies are actually amazing. They haven't been too difficult at all. However, because they take so much of my time and attention right now, my older two act up a bit. 

Who can blame them??? It's a big adjustment. They are awesome with the babies. Just not so awesome towards me. 

I hate to admit it... But I haven't been to awesome towards them either at times. 

So I've been wondering what to do. Then I had a thought...


Those are my 3 S's. 
Slowdown. 
Softer. 
Simplify. 

Slowdown and ENJOY the moment. 
Softer words and actions. 
Simplify my life. Choose the important things and to heck with the rest. 

I wrote it on my mirror so I can see it often. 

I'm going on day #4 and I'd have to say thy I've seen a bit of improvement.  If I focus on these things, my kids are amazingly better. Once again it goes to show that I control the mood of our home. I better step it up a notch (or 50) if I want it to be a happy place. 

No comments: