Monday, January 9, 2012

Seven...

Yesterday was our 7th anniversary!

With HUGE thanks to my mom, we were able to celebrate it on Saturday. She watched all of our kids while we went to lunch at Native New Yorker and then watched Sherlock Holmes.

Boy was it nice. I was able to pick up my fork and not have a baby wake up or start fussing. We were able to sit and talk without ANY "eat your food" or "keep you hands to yourself" coming from our mouths. We laughed and talked instead. It was just US time. It was wonderful.

We have gone through a lot in these past 7 years. According to everyone, your 7th year is your hardest. We'll have to see. We haven't had a "hard" marriage at all. We've had trials but we've overcome them together. That's the key I guess.

Working together.

We make a good team. He's strong where I'm weak. He's funny when I'm grouchy. He's laid back when I'm up tight. He keeps me sane. I think he'd tell you that I'm all of this for him too.

I heard that the number one thing a successful marriage HAS to have is humor. Boy do we have that. That is how we get through the rough days. One of us always makes the other laugh and then everything seems to be better. That's how we fight too. One of us becomes sarcastic which makes the other laugh and we are over it. We've NEVER had a fight. Little disagreements but never a real fight.

7 years ago I didn't picture our lives being like this. Instead it has turned out a million times better.

Our marriage is strong. I just pray that each day it continues to get stronger. After all, we are in it for eternity so we better keep it goin good.

Happy anniversary Jer! I love you and wouldn't change the decision I made 7 years ago for anything in the world.

No comments: