Friday March 27, 2009 - DAY ONE
Today I have officially started potty training Kaysen...there is NO turning back now. Jerry and I were in Wal-Mart and I decided that I am doing this today. We headed to the "big boy" underwear and let Kaysen pick them out. He chose Thomas & Cars. Today we had 2 accidents on the hardwood floors, one next to my bed and one in our closet. (all of them were only wet ones but 2 them I didn't find until stepping in it. (lucky me) I tried letting Kaysen wear just the real underwear but after so many accidents I came out with the Pull-Ups.
Today's stats: Accidents: 6
On the potty: 0
(hopefully tomorrow will be better because there were many times today that I just wanted to give up)
Day 2: Accident: 5
On the potty: 3 (I'm defiantly still using the Pull-Ups)
Day 3: Accidents: 6
On the potty: 5
Day 4: Accidents: 4
On the potty: 2
Day 5: Accidents: 3
On the potty: 6
Day 6: Accidents: 2
On the potty: 5
Kaysen helped me make a potty chart for him.
Every time he goes on the potty he gets a sticker!
If he goes #2 on the potty then he gets 2 stickers!!!
This has been quite the experience...I would say that it is much like a roller coaster ride. I'm so excited when he does good, but one little accident can change my attitude pretty quickly. (I have to remember to laugh instead of get frustrated)
I love that I haven't changed a diaper on Kaysen in almost a week but I don't really like cleaning up after the accidents.
This experience has taught me that I really need to be deiligent and ready for potty training.
I just have to ask myself....Am I potty training Kaysen or is this really just training my skills as a mother???
2 comments:
Potty training is not my favorite part of childhood but once they get it down it sure is nice! Good luck :D
All right, way to potty train him. We are doing the same with Peter. He is doing pretty good. Like you said the hard part is being diligent and not getting upset when they have accidents (like going poop in thier big boy underwear 5 times in a row) But I love the part also of not having to change diapers on him anymore.
Post a Comment