Warning: I haven't blogged while pregnant before and I want to keep a better record of how I've felt and what has been going on throughout this pregnancy. (My journal only has a few inserts while I was pregnant with Kaysen and Gage and they mostly talk about other things that were going on, not a whole lot of actual details on my pregnancy) So bare with me, it may be boring info for you, but it will be important for my family. :)
When I was pregnant with Kaysen I was working as a teller at a bank working from 7:30am until 6:00pm, standing all day. Needless to say I was dead tired by the end of the day. I would get home, Jerry would be cooking dinner, well at least the meat because the smell of meat cooking would make me throw up. I'd finish making dinner, we would eat and I'd fall asleep. Then I'd wake in the morning to a long bout of nausea. This lasted until 20 weeks. Then finally it went away and I felt somewhat normal again.
When I was pregnant with Gage I expected to get sick and tired again but it wasn't too bad. I was only a little nauseous but didn't get sick EVERYDAY like I did with Kaysen. I was tired, but luckily I had a little one that needed a nap so I'd sit down and relax during this time so I felt great 90% of the time. Needless to say, that pregnancy and delivery were pretty much perfect!
This time around I was warned that my symptoms could be worse because I had double the hormones in my body. I was trying to be optimistic and told myself that it would be like Gage, maybe a little worse but not as bad as Kaysen.
So far, I've been way wrong. There hasn't been a morning that I haven't gotten sick. Actually there hasn't been a night either. Yep. I get sick at least twice a day and feel nauseous all day.
Each morning I get sick in the middle of making my kids breakfast. Gage always want to climb off his chair and come in the bathroom to see if I'm okay, but Kaysen tells him, "Mom is just sick again Gage. She'll be back in a minute." He's a quick learner. He only had to see me once to know what was going on and to know that he didn't want to see it again. However, when I do emerge from the bathroom both of them immediately ask if I'm okay and give me a hug.
Not to mention that I take at least one if not two naps everyday. If Jerry is home it's definitely two naps since he makes me because he can see that I'm dragging.
Last week I sat down on the couch after dinner. The boys were playing in their room and Jerry was studying for a test. I fell asleep. I guess my phone rang and I am told Jerry said, "I guess I'll get it" thinking, that I just didn't hear it or was being lazy. Then he brought my phone in and saw that I was crashed on the couch. He tried to get me to wake up to answer it but I missed it. The next thing I knew he was standing over me laughing because there really was a lot of noise going on in the house but I was oblivious to all of it. Did I mention that that was the third time I had fallen asleep just that day??
My Dad has a saying that he can hear a mouse pee on a cotton ball. (He used this line when Jerry and I were dating and decided to watch a movie. My Dad was in his room going to bed. It was a warning to be good, cause he'd know if we weren't) Well Jerry tells me that I probably could hear this, especially when I sleep because I am such a light sleeper. Not so right now. I'm down for the count when I'm asleep now.
Nothing sounds good to eat, but when something sounds "okay" I just cook it. Poor Jerry hasn't gotten much flavorful food lately, but he's a good sport and eats whatever I feel like eating. He's just hoping I'll feel up to Enchiladas, Navajo Tacos and Sweet & Sour Chicken sometime soon.
Eventhough all of these symptoms seriously stink, I'm telling myself it is a good sign. With our miscarriage I didn't have much of anything. So at least I know there is a reason I feel this way this time.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Charlsye! You're pregnant!!! With twins! I would have never known if it weren't for blogs. haha. Congratulations! I'm jealous. Twins are awesome. My sister has a couple of sets and loves it. They're awesome. She had 2 single (like you) then 2 sets of twins, all in 8 years. haha. How exciting. If you get twin girls then I'm DOUBLE jealous! and if you name them Stella and Olivia, I'm TRIPLE jealous (I know you won't, no one lines our baby names. haha). Anyway, congratulations. I've wondered why I haven't seen you around much lately.
Charlsye!! How are you girl!! Fist off congrats on having twins (I secretly hope the next time I am pregnant I have twins so I can be done too!!) I am excited for you...how exciting. I ask your mom how you are doing all the time so I am gla dyou responded because I didn't have your blog. Riley gives me a run for my money on a daily basis, my thinking is she is 4 now what will she be like in 4 more years or when she is a teenager....I can't wait to find out. How is everything goin? Well you look great and it was great to hear from you. If you want to chat email me:
jrhatch23@yahoo.com. Can't wait to hear if you are having a girl (I will cross my fingers, you need at least one)
I feel bad for you...im only sick at nights and i feel like dying, I cant imagine being sick all day. Hope you feel better soon! Cant wait to hear what your having!
Post a Comment