Thursday, March 31, 2011

Things About Today...

I haven't done a "Things I loved About Today" post in quite a while. Mainly because Jerry and I weren't ready to tell people that we were expecting and when we found out we were having twins we wanted to wait a bit. (We only lasted about 2 weeks) Anyways, most of my posts would have been about how I loved things about this pregnancy and I couldn't let the secret out yet. So I'm going to get back in the grove of doing it again. First off I loved that I didn't throw up this morning. I know, like you really needed to know that but man it made my day start off a whole lot better. Next I loved that because we could only hear one hearbeat today at my doctors appointment my Dr. decided to just do a quick ultrasound in her office to make sure they were okay. And they are both growing great. Right away we could see the heartbeat of the baby on the top. And then suddenly we saw the baby on the bottom kicking the feet and moving the arms like crazy. It was awesome so see the baby move when it is so small. The next thing I loved was when Kaysen was sanding away on some wood (like Dad) and I was trying to give him a little pointer on how to do it and he replied, "Mom, I know how to do it. I've been doing this for years and years." Also, I loved that out of nowhere when I was reading a counting book and got to 8 flowers Gage counted to 8. Yesterday he counted to 5 for the first time and I was stoked. Everytime I try to get him to count or say his ABC's he shakes his hands at me and says, "NO. NO. NO!!" I've thought all along that he really wasn't learning anything I was trying to teach him. But alas! He was listening, just not participating completely. Besides be a completely long and draining day, it was a good day I I'm looking forward to my nice comfy bed in just a few short minutes. Yes, I know it is only 8:30 but that's what happens when you have 2 babies draining all of the energy out of you. :)

No comments: