I went to the Doctor on March 3rd and my Doctor wanted me to get an ultrasound because my hormone levels were a bit high and we could have miscalculated my date.
So on March 10th I had an ultrasound and immeditely after the stick touched my stomach I saw this.....

The Ultrasound Tech said, "See the dark spot? That's a sac."
I replied, "YES!"
Then he said, "See this other dark spot? That's another sac."
I replied,"As in 2 sacs? As in 2 babies?"
He says, "It looks like that to me." With a huge smile on his face, because I can't lift my chin up.
So, if you've heard the news...it's true. We are due with TWINS around October 23 but my Doctor probably won't let me go past October 2.
Baby "A" had a heartbeat of 107 that I got to listen to. And Baby "B" was at 112 bpm.
Jerry had to work that day and I figured it would just be a routine ultrasound that showed I was maybe 10 weeks instead of 6 so I didn't think he needed to go.
However, I have now determined that he will be present for EVERY single ultrasound from here out.
The last ultrasound I got in October showed that we had miscarried and he wasn't there for that one either because he had to work and I really didn't think something was wrong.
Okay, so I did think something was wrong but I was in MAJOR denial.
Needless to say, he has promised to be present for all ultrasounds from now on.
So on Monday we had to get another ultrasound just to make sure things were okay and he was there to finally see our BABIES in person.
(For those of you who don't know by looking at a picture. They are fraternal twins, not identical because there are 2 sacs. Not 2 babies in 1 sac.)

Baby "A" as it is called for now is laying in the clearest position. You can actually tell where the head and bottom are and even see little nubs of feet starting to form. The heartbeat was now measuring 167bpm.

Baby "B" is laying sideways and isn't cooperating much for now so it's a bit harder to distiguish the body parts. Luckily the Ultrasound Tech has a trained eye. This heartbeat was also measuring at 167bpm. Both good and strong!!! yay! :)

Of course it is too early to know the sex of the babies but we will find out ASAP.
Kaysen has been telling us (before we even knew that we were expecting) that we were going to have a Kynlee and a Jett.
Kynlee being a girl. Jett being a boy. We had these names picked out with our last pregnancy. (Okay, Kynlee has been claimed since Kaysen was conceived and Jett was liked but isn't dead set)
We asked him which would come first and he replied, "They're coming at the same time."
So we will just have to see if this little boy is right and if we have one of each in there.
Also, a week before we found out they were twins I had a dream that we were having twins. I woke up in the morning and told Jerry.
He said, "If it's true, we're done."
And I replied, "Good thing I've never had a dream come true before, huh?"
Because honestly I have NEVER had a dream about my life and then had it happen. I've always just had strange dreams that don't make sense. And this one didn't make sense to me at the time but now it does completetly.
Really though, we are completetly excited about twins. Just in shock still I guess :)For those of you wondering...yes we are adding on to our little 2 bedroom home.
Jerry is building a shed as I type because we are converting our garage into a master bedroom, storage and laundry room all seperated. And then a master bathroom on the end of the house. We'll keep you posted with pics.
Needless to say life isn't turning out like we planned.
We were going to have our house in Show Low sold. Nope.
We were going to be building our dream house now. Nope.
We were going to be having just baby number 3 coming our way. Nope.
But even though life isn't going as planned. It's still going even better and we are trying to prepare ourselves for this next CRAZY stage.
8 comments:
Im so excited for your family! You are such an awesome mother and twins are going to be such fun addition to your family! Congrats you guys!
I am so excited for you guys! Congrats!!!
Oh my goodness twins!!!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations!!! So much exciting news, good luck and stay healthy:)
Congrats Charlie!!!
whoa!! congratulations charlsye! that is sooo exciting and i bet completely crazy too! you'll do awesome with twins!
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoo hoo!! You just made my day! Congrats, you guys! I haven't checked your site for a while, and I read through today's blog thinking, "YES! She's pregnant!" then I scrolled down and SAW the ultrasound picture and got so excited I started cheering! You're the best.
I am so stinkin' excited for you guys!
Post a Comment