Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Did I ever tell you....


Kaysen -

Did I ever tell you about the first time I saw you??

The first time I saw you I couldn't believe how PERFECT you were. You were the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. You had perfect coloring, beautiful blue eyes and the cutest little fingers and toes. For days I would just look over every part of you body, in awe at how perfect you were. It still amazes me.





Did I ever tell you how much you were instantly loved and how much we prayed for you to come to our home?


When I say that you were instantly loved I mean INSTANTLY! Your dad and I prayed and yearned for you for quite a while before we were blessed to have you come to our home. The instant I found out I was pregnant with you I loved you. I've heard people say that they instantly love thier children but I didn't know just how much until this moment. I didn't care about anything but your health and safety. I wanted so badly to just hold you in my arms...but I had to wait 8 more months before I got that chance.

Did I ever tell you what I love most about you??

I love how you come in my room in the morning and say, "Wake UP, MOM!!!" and jump on me.
I love how before bed at night I say, "How much do I love you?" and you reply saying, "SOOOO Much...i mean...THISSSS much." all the while stretching your arms to the max.
I love how you are always wanting to help me. You love to help cook, clean, cut coupons, do laundry, make my bed, do my hair...everything. You are the best helper.
You are such a good big brother. You are always watching out for Gage. Making sure he doesn't get hurt and always making sure he has a toy...especially if you just took his away.
I love how you love to pray. You want to pray at every meal and bedtime and especially when you get an owie. You tell me that Heavenly Father will make it feel better...at this young of an age you are already a good example to me.
I love your imagination. You can think of anything. You always come up to me, tools in hand and say, "Let's build something Mom." I love it. I know that I need to do it with you more often too.
I love your laugh, your smile and your sweet hugs and kisses. Please don't quite giving them just because you are getting older....


Did I ever tell you how full you make my life?

Before I was your mom, I worked. I really thought that I would got back to work, at least part time, after you were born. I thought to myself...my mom did it with me... I can do it too. However, all it took was one look at you and I knew where I was supposed to be...at home, with you. I love being able to stay home with you. Some might say it is a boring job...but not with you. You keep me on my toes. There is never a dull moment with you around. I really, honestly could not and do not want to imagine where my life would be without you. Just having you has made me strive to be a better person. I want so badly to be with you forever so that the rest of this life and my life to come can be as full as it is now!

I want you to know how much your dad and I love you. You are a crazy little boy that we are a little hard on at times but I know that you really are trying to be good. We wouldn't change anything about you. All of the hard days are worth it. We can't wait to watch you grow and yet are so sad at how fast you are already growing. Always remember how much we love you. You have blessed our lives in oh so many ways.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYSEN!!

Love,
Mom & Dad

No comments: