Every now and then (almost daily), I catch myself comparing myself to others. I've really tried hard not to do this because in the end, I'm never "up there" with whoever it is I am comparing myself to.
Last night I laid in bed reading the October Ensign and I came upon this quote. Here Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles explains how loving our Heavenly Father is.
“He does not mercilessly measure [His children] against their neighbors. He doesn’t even compare them with each other. His gestures of compassion toward one do not require a withdrawal or denial of love for the other. … I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions.”
Once again, I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father has established a church where he leads and guides men that teach us the truths of the world. He wants nothing more than for us to know how much he loves us and wants us to return to him. His loves is perfect. Thank goodness I am able to feel this love. If he doesn't compare me to others than why do I do it???
I'm going to stop. It's going to be hard and won't happen over night. But with His help, I will stop.
If you want to be uplifted too click HERE.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment