Monday, October 5, 2009

Okay...so I've decided that I do love fall. At least the colors and the holidays that come with it. Not necessarily the cold that comes with it. I'm not just meaning the cold weather. I'm meaning the COLDS....


Jerry and I had a weekend getaway planned. Lo and Behold, on Thursday I got a fever of 102.6 and a cough from you know where. Kaysen also had a fever but luckily I got his to break and Jerry and I still went along with our plans. If anything, at least I could just relax and get better right???


Well I woke up Saturday morning feeling pretty dang good. That is until I decided to go Mountain Biking. My lungs were on fire after the first mile.




But I didn't want to stop. Not when I have a scene as beautiful as this...




After a couple miles on this road I decided I had to turn around if I wanted to live. So we headed back to the lodge and took a much needed nap.

This was part of our oh so comfy room. I have made a resolution to get a bedspread like this one. Maybe not the exact one, but one that FEELS like this one.



After the nap, which I woke up from WAY before Jerry did.( I'm the sick one, and he's the one that just wants to rest the weekend away...) we took a walk to the local ice cream shop. I got a snickers waffle cone and Jerry got strawberry. It was delish!

We took a walk around the ponds behind our lodge. We watched a 4 year old little boy catch a trout and I instantly thought of Kaysen and how much he would have LOVED to come with us. Sorry son, we'll take you next time. Dad was all mine this weekend.




We went for a drive in the afternoon so that we could listen to the afternoon session of conference.


Speaking of conference...I remember a time when my mom would tell me to come listen to conference with her and I would roll my eyes and STOMP up to the living room. Now I love conference. I get so excited to hear the words of the men and women who are lead by the spirit to say exactly what we need to hear.

This happened to me during this conference. We came in during the middle of conference and heard Elder Kent D. Watson's talk on temperence. The words he said came at me like a force. "Being temperate is to use moderation in all things, or to exercise self control." I am not a temperate person. Right then I resolved myself to doing better, being better. If you want to hear this talk or any others click HERE.


This weekend was a much needed weekend. We haven't been alone overnight since Kaysen was 6 months old. Jerry and I were able to converse without children climbing on us, screaming or any distractions. We talked and realized things that we need to do better. We made goals and know that we can achieve these goals because we will work together to do it. We realized that even though we loved being alone, we love and miss our children and really couldn't imagine life without them. It was an amazing weekend and we can't wait to do it again.




p.s. Thank you mom & dad for watching the boys so this weekend could be possible. We love you!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I LOVED the talk on Temperance. It really hit home with me too. I can't stop thinking about it. I just love you, man. And I'm feeling you! I have a cold too. But I'm not on any kind of getaway -you poor thing! I'm glad you guys could getaway. When we stayed overnight for our anniversary at the Bed and Breakfast, I didn't want to leave the kids. But once I had Danny to myself I realized how much I needed to leave them. Plus it made getting them back that much better. Love those kids!