Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hobbies...

I am married to a car lover. Okay, a car/truck/anything with wheels lover.

He has dreamed of rebuilding a vehicle with his boys.

We really thought he wouldn't get the chance to do this for quite a few more years.

However, we got a smokin' deal on this truck that doesn't even run.

He is in heaven. It isn't a '69 Camero like he really dreams of.

But it is a '49 Chevy pickup.

Honestly. I love the truck. I think it will be exciting to work on and finish. It is also neat that Jerry's Dad and my Dad were both born the year this car was made.

We have great visions for this truck. We've seen some pretty awesome pictures of this type of truck that have been rebuilt. So far we are leaning towards a metalic lime green or metalic bright orange color for the paint. We'll just have to see.

The man leaning on the truck doesn't look too bad either huh?? (Notice: Gage is not licking a bunch of broken glass, just merely hanging his neck right over it. :) )


Here I am pretending to do a HOT supermodel pose...jk. I'm always BEHIND the camera so this time he made me get in at least one picture. Seeing as how were are going to be working on it together he says. And yes. I am going to help him as much as I can. I would actually love to learn more about it and think it will be a great family project, although our boys are a bit too young now to do much. This project will probably last a couple years though so they may become a great help.




Here is the inside of the truck. Notice the seat...oh yeah. There isn't one of those either.

( Throughout my blog you may notice a trend in Gage's choice of clothing...he LOVES this Buzz Lightyear robe and wears it all day everyday, and yes, he sleeps with it on too.)



This is the most cooperation I could get from Kaysen on a pose. He's much to interested in "fixing" Dad's truck. I think it's a toss up on who is more excited to work on it. Each day I ask Kaysen what we are going to do today and his reply everyday since getting the truck has been "Working on Dad's green truck that doesn't work."



Well while Jerry has been out there doing all the hard work on his truck I have been inside.
My sister in law taught me how to crochet last weekend and I am addicted.
So far this is what I've made....

I don't have a little girl to make them for. So I've decided to sell them along with my crafts on my etsy site. I just need a few of my nieces for models.
Click HERE to see it. A few of my items have expired so I need to get back in there and update soon.

2 comments:

Tia said...

Holy smokes! You're amazing at crocheting! You just picked it right up! I am blown away...seriously! And good thing you've got every age of niece you could ask for to be your hat models. :)

My Mom told me about the truck and I'm so glad you posted pictures! That's going to be so much fun for you guys!

Alicia said...

That truck is awesome!!! I love all the pictures -what a great project! I love love love all your hats!!! I bet people will snag those up in no time! So cute!