Monday, February 28, 2011

doTERRA oils...

3 weeks ago I went to a class on essential oils.

I'll admit, I was somewhat a skepitc on them a while back.

For a couple years my Mother in law has talked about how interesting they were and all the things they could do.

I was interested, but skeptic.

Gage got an ear infection a few weeks ago.

I hate antibiotics but nothing else seemed to help him.

So I finally got the antibiotics.

Lo and behold, those didn't work either.

I went to this party and learned so many things.

Like, Lavender calms you, gets rid of ear infections and counteracts the venom in bee stings, bug bites, etc. Peppermint get rid of headaches, fever and nausea and Oregano kills strep throat.

Oils can kill virues where as antibiotics cannot.

I was sold.

I bought a kit of these oils.

But until mine arrived I borrowed my Mother-in-Law's Lavender oil and rubbed it on the bone behind Gage's ear. That night he slept without making a sound and he hasn't pulled on his ear since.

I have now gotten my kit and I've used Lavender to calm my Gager's each night because it takes him forever to fall asleep and he'd wake up a few times too. I've use Breathe every night because at this time of year its so hard for my boys to breathe well as they sleep. And I use one called DisgestZen to help their tummies settle each night before bed and it helps digest the mucus that is in their chest. My sister bought one to use on her son that has horrible allergies and has now bought a whole kit.

I'm loving these oils and have decided to spread the word and sell them also. Call me crazy. I'm so NOT a salesperson but I really think that these are great. Who wouldn't love to be able to take care of their family without having to make a million trips to the doctor first??

I believe that Heavenly Father put these plants on this earth for a reason. These oils are all people used to have. Modern medicine is great and I am not saying that these oils CURE everything at all. But they sure do a lot and I'll give my child one drop of peppermint over 10 doses of tylenol anyday.


(so if anyone is interested in hosting a party let me know. You can choose to have an oil or a book on how to use the oils as your free gift for hosting.)

2 comments:

Kourtney Dawn said...

Ok! I am very interested!!!

ashley b said...

hey charlsye! i didn't know you weren't private anymore and i just came across your blog the other day. my mom has told me a lot about essential oils and they actually did a lot of those with callie while she was in the hospital after her accident. it all sounds very interesting to me and it makes perfect sense. i'd offer to do a party but i'm kind of distant now a days. it's good to see you and your fam are doing well! take care!