- #1 Are they identical twins? No. There are 2 sacs with a baby in each sac meaning they are fraternal.
- #2 Which side of the family has twins? Neither. I have 2 cousins who had twins. One set was identical, one was fraternal. Jerry will be the fourth, first cousin on his dad's side to have twins in just the last 4 years. However, all of them are fraternal. Fraternal twins are not hereditary. Last time I ovulated I dropped 2 eggs and that is how fraternal twins are formed. It is nothing hereditary it just happened spontaneously.
- #3 When are you due? My due date is October 23rd but my doctor probably won't have me go past 37 weeks which would be October 2nd. We'll just have to see and hope that our babies will stay in there as LONG as possible.
- #4 Were we on fertility drugs? No. We were not on fertility drugs. Like I said above, it happened spontaneously and without us planning on EVER having twins.
- #5 I hear from 6 out of 10 people I talk to that they REALLY want twins. Jerry and I never wished to have twins. Not that we don't want them now, but we definitely didn't sit there and wish and hope for twins. So my only advice would be, if you want twins, quit wishing for them and maybe it'll happen to you. :)
- #6 Are we excited? Yes we are very excited. We were in shock for a bit and sometimes still when I REALLY sit and think about it I still can't believe it. We picture 2 of everything. We realize that our posterity is doubling and we thought the only time that would happen was when we went from 1 to 2 kids. But when we couldn't hear the heartbeat yesterday, I was immediately worried that one of my babies was lost and I couldn't bear it. I want BOTH of them to get here completely healthy and strong, even though I know it will be hard work. It will be amazing too.
- #7 "You're gonna get huge." Yes, these are the exact words that come out of some people mouths. Nice huh? Just what a woman wants to hear. Although I know that it is most likely true, I don't like hearing it be the 3rd thing come out of someones mouth after they hear we are having twins. It was the 2nd thing Jerry said after he found out, but he said it jokingly and truthfully I don't care that he said it because he's my husband and I want honesty from him. My doctor says I am to gain around 45 pounds. That is mind boggling for me because I gained 22lbs with Kaysen and 24lbs with Gage. But I have to remember that there is 2 babies in there needing fed. I'm sure it will be uncomfortable and harder to lose the weight but I'm doing Pilate's and walking daily. Hopefully that helps.
- #8 "You better lather up with Cocoa Butter" Once again, exact words coming out of people mouth right after they say I'm going to get huge. I only got one stretch mark with both of my boys. I have little ones on my hips that can only be seen when my skin is stretched but my stomach just has two 1/2" to 1" long marks on it and that's all. I've loved that my stretch marks aren't bad at all. Call me vain but I don't like thinking about what my stomach may look like when this pregnancy is over, but the scars are worth it although they are not flattering.
- #9 Vaginal or C-Section? Really? I'm only 10 weeks. I have no clue how they are going to get here. I'm hoping both come the natural way but whatever gets them here safe will work too.
- #10 How are you going to fit in your house? Our house is 1800 square feet including our garage. We are converting part of our garage into our master bedroom and adding a bathroom on the end. We will convert the other part into our laundry room/pantry. So with the new addition our house will be about 2100 square feet and that is plenty of room for 4 kids. Although I would love to have both, a family room and living room someday, but I want to save that for our "dream house" we still want to build. Plans change and that may not happen but that's still what we are aiming for.
- #11 Are you going to nurse BOTH of them? No. I'm just going to nurse one. Come on, really? When I nursed Kaysen I didn't have hardly any milk. I pumped because he wouldn't latch good so I got mastitis 3 times in 1 month. It was miserable. I only lasted 7 weeks before going completely to formula. With Gage I heard about an herb called FENUGREEK that works amazingly. I took it right after having Gage and I had more milk that I could possibly need and I'm going to take it again. I am planning on only nursing BOTH of my babies and hopefully I'll just be able to feed them both at the same time. I plan on pumping often, so that Jerry can get in on helping me with feedings but I want to do all or mostly my milk.
Some of these questions are a bit personal. But whatever, I'm putting it out there incase you're interested too. I haven't been mad about any of the questions but sometimes I really wonder what people are thinking. And I know it is only the beginning and I will be getting many more comments and questions in the next 20+ weeks.
3 comments:
we are so excited for you guys!! When I was prego with Dax one of my good friends was pregnant at the same time with twin girls! her babies were 6 lbs and 7 lbs.... and she really didn't get HUGE. I don't think you need to worry about that.... you will probably look like me while I had only ONE baby in my belly LOL!!
Okay for one you are a tiny girl, you wont be "huge". I'm sure you will be stinkin cute!
For one who's been there before. I am very excited for you. It's not nearly as scary as it seems, and every bit as scary as it seems. If that makes any sense. Just a side note, my girls had separate sacs, and separate placentas and still tested identical. Who is your doctor? It is completely possible and rather enjoyable to nurse them at the same time. Call if you ever need anything. 928-205-1263. Good luck girl. Relax, it's a tough job.
Post a Comment