Friday, August 5, 2011

28 week appointments...

On Wednesday I had my 28 week check up and ultrasound.

Baby A, our girl, is sitting breech (sp?) directily on my bladder. No wonder I'm dashing to the bathroom 50 times a day. I even have to get up at least 3 times during the night...I never had this problem with my other pregnancies. Good new though....she now weighs 2lbs 3oz. She has gained 1lb in 4 weeks. She is in the 28 percentile so she is on the small side, but she is growing and that is what matters.

Baby B, our boy, is laying transverse across the top of his sister. His foot has found the perfect little nook inside of my right side rib cage. He too has gained 1lb in the last 4 weeks and now weighs 2lbs 5oz. He is in the 32 percentile so again...he is small.

But the news we got was great. We have been so worried that our little girl wasn't going to be growing as well but we now see that both of them are growing just fine. I was also told that my cervix actually thickened to 3.0cm, thanks to over a gallon of water a day and bedrest. This measurement is actually good for how far along I am and for the fact that I am expecting twins. These appointments just made my stress level go down a whole lot and I know that each week brings us one week closer. If these two little people decided to come early, I know that their chance of survival is actually really good. Yay!!

The only news my doctor didn't like was that I've gained 21lbs. I thought that I had gained 26lbs...but according to them it's only 21. She wants me to pack on a bit more if possible. On average, twin pregnancies should gain around 40-50lbs. I only have about 6-8 weeks before these little ones make their grand apperance and so it doesn't look like I'll be gaining that much. So I'm drinking Ensure and trying to fit more food into my already packed belly. I have noticed that I have a bit more energy now that I'm drinking the drinks, I guess these little ones just like to take all that I have, and in the end there isn't much left for me. So we'll see just how much I can fatten up in the next few weeks. Also, since Baby A is breech and Baby B is transverse the probablilty of a c-section are high. Unlsess they magically turn, which they'd have to do in the next 2 weeks or so before they run out of room.

I also met with a new pediatrician. She has been in the NICU for a hospital in New Jersey for 17 years and has just moved to Show Low. She is willing to be on site when my babies are born, even if she isn't the doctor on call. She is also willing to be there and watching over them if they are born at 35 weeks. Our hospital sends most babies born before 36 weeks to the valley. So, As long as I can make it to 35 weeks, which is September 18, I will be able to avoid being air vacced (sp?) to the valley, as long as the babies and myself are healthy. That is a major relief. I want to keep my babies here if at all possible. Unless there is a problem, then I want them at the best facility available. However, if my labor progresses too fast and they are born here and end up needing to be sent to the valley, I would have to stay here and they'd be sent with out me. That is something I DEFINITELY don't want. So I'm just praying they will come after 35 weeks and healty!!

I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound and then I'll start having Non Stress Tests every week. It's so crazy how fast the time has flown. Our addition is NOT done but I'm honestly not even worried about it anymore. I just want these little ones here and healthy. As does Kaysen, he's getting pretty anxious for these little ones to arrive.

No comments: