Yesterday these two BIG boys started preschool.
This big boy goes first.
He is in the 4 year old preschool class that goes from 8:20-11:20am. He isn't too happy about being in the 4 year old class because, "I am turning 5 on October 6th Mom so I'll be 5 and be in the 4 year old class. I should be in Kindergarten like Peter (his cousin) who is 5 too."
However, he loves his teachers Mrs. Holmes and Ms.Tressa and had so much fun at school yesterday. He rode the bus home like last year, but this year he rides the short bus that has seat belts. He informed me that he isn't going to ride the big ones anymore because they aren't safe. As soon as he was in the car he was pulling every paper from his bag and showing me all the cool things that they did on the first day of school.
Last year he only went for 2 hours, now he's gone for 3. That one more hour really makes a difference. Gage was lost. It was much quieter in our home. Gage and I even ran to the store to pick up a few items, stopped by the library, and had Aunt Tia and Uncle Merrick stop by for a visit all while Kaysen was gone. It really seems like he was gone for a long time. Kaysen however wished that he could have stayed longer. He actually wants to skip Kindergarten and go to first grade so that he can go ALL day long like Klydie. (his cousin)
This big boy started 3 year old preschool that goes from 1:15-3:15pm.
He was NOT too happy about Kaysen being able to go in the morning while he had to go back home. I told him that it was Kaysen's turn now but after lunch it was going to be his turn to go. He replied, "Then I'm not eating lunch Mom!" He figured if he didn't eat lunch that would mean he could stay in Kaysen's class. Boy was he ready to go after lunch though.
He has the same teachers as Kaysen. Mrs.Holmes calls Kasyen Mr.Mom because he's always making sure everyone is okay. When the kids arrive to school they have to find their name and place it in the girl or boy column. So Kaysen says, "Okay Gage. Where is your name?" Gage happened to pick the wrong one so Kaysen showed him which one was the right one and asked him if he was a boy or girl. "Boy" was Gage's reply so Kaysen told him to put it in the boy column. Then Kaysen proceeded to tell Gage what he needed to do. "Okay Gage, now you put your backpack right here. Now you have to go wash your hands." After the hand washing was complete he said, "Hey Buddy. Mom and I are going to go home now but we'll be back to pick you up when school is over okay. Have a good day." And gave him a tight squeeze.
I just stood back and watched. It looked to me like Gage didn't need any help from me or the teacher. Kaysen took care of it all.
However, I knelt down next to him and said, "Hey bud. I'm going to go home now and will be back get you when school is over." Gage replied, "Bye Mom!" I wanted him to understand that if he turned around and I wasn't there, then I would be back once school was over. So I told him that again. "See ya later, Mom" he said. Okay. So he was ready to be on his own.
He's been a little bit more attached to me lately so I really wondered how he'd do. Turns out he did good. He told me that he said, "I want my mom. Teacher said, "She'll be here in just a minute. So I said, okay and I dug in the dirt."
The time seemed to drag on a bit slower for Kaysen while Gage was gone. We didn't go to any stores and no one stopped by to visit so we didn't really have any distractions. Kaysen wanted to paint so we pulled out the water colors and away he went.
After painting for a little while he was bored. So he asked if I'd play a game with him. I told him to go get it and I'd play with him as soon as I was done on the phone. (dang insurance...) I walked into the living room to find the Wahoo board set up on the stool and Kaysen sitting in his spiderman chair right up next to it.
He said, "I made it up high so that you could lay on the couch and not have to sit and smash your belly while we played."
It was a grand idea and it made playing Wahoo much easier.
Finally the appointed time to get Gage arrived so we headed out the door. When we got to the school Mrs. Holmes told Kasyen that Gage was outside playing and that he could go get him and bring him to me. Away Kaysen ran. I hear him yell, "Hey Gage! How was your first day bud? See Mom and I are already back to get you! Come on, let's go find her."
To say my boys like school would be an understatement. They LOVE school and were already talking about how they got to go back on Tuesday and Wednsesday too.
3 comments:
Hey Charlsye, sorry i couldn't make it to your shower. Hope you are feeling good and had a great one. Thinking of you!
What a set of studs you've got. :)
What a set of studs you've got. :)
Post a Comment