On Saturday my wonderful friend Cayla and my Mom threw a baby shower for me and the twins. It was held in my Mother-in-Law's back yard and was wonderful. Unfortunately my mother-in-law took some pictures of the party but I haven't gotten them from her yet....they will hopefully be posted soon.
The shower turned out great. The food was delicious and so many wonderful friends and family came and I couldn't believe all of the wonderful things they got for us. It was a huge blessing and boy am I grateful to all of them.
After looking at the large pile of diapers my friend LuAnne said, "Well, you have enough to last you 2 months maybe." And boy is she right I bet. Diapers are going to be coming in and out of our home like crazy soon.
It is so crazy to think that in just a few short weeks we are going to be adding two new ones to this household. I used to think my life was busy...boy was I wrong. Nowadays I spend most of my time just getting extra stuff done, playing with my boys, reading books and taking it easy. Kaysen and Gage both still take naps most days so that is at least 2 hours each day that I have to myself. That isn't going to last long. I'm sure those two hours will be filled with nursing two little ones.
Most of the time I CANNOT wait for these two to arrive. I just want them here. I want them healthy. But then I think I'm crazy, I should be wanting them in my belly as long as possible because once they are here, my life is never going to be this laid back.
Jerry just wants them here. He doesn't like it when I'm pregnant. He worries too much (although I didn't know he worried that much until our miscarriage. Then he let his worries be known a bit better. He holds it all inside) He wants to know that his babies and I are healthy so he's ready for this pregnancy to be over.
My nesting has hit full force now and I am trying to organize everything as best as I can. It is much harder this time around. We have twice the stuff coming in, and he have half the room to put it in. Kaysen and Gage's closet is jam packed with diapers, clothes, blankets, burp rags, etc. Someday soon it will be their closet again and full of just toys and clothes for them. Jerry just laughs at me because each day I'm asking him to take one more item off the shelf in the garage so that I can clean it and get it ready for the babies. Most of the time it drives him nuts, but then he admits that he's glad I am doing it. He knows it is keeping me sane to feel like I have something to do.
So I am 31 weeks now and am just trying to keep these little ones in there for AT LEAST 4 more weeks. I had an ultrasound last Wednesday and we saw that the girl was now 3lbs and was in the 50%. Her ultrasound 2 weeks ago measured her at 2lbs 3oz so she gained 13oz in 2 weeks! That was great news. Our boy was measuring 2lbs 14oz and was in the 45% so he gained 9oz in 2 weeks! Yay. They are both growing well and we just hope they keep it up. Baby A, our girl is still breech and Baby B our boy is laying transverse. Unless they both get head down in the next week or so, they will be delivered by C-Section. Supposedly most twins run out of room to switch positions around 32 weeks.So we'll see how these little ones decided to grace us with their presence...only a few more weeks and they will be here and our life will get just a bit more crazy!!!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment