Saturday, August 13, 2011

How about a Penny???

Today Jerry finished up our sewer line. I wish that I would have taken pictures of our boys digging in the dirt and "helping" their Dad. However, I move a bit slow these days and by the time I got around to getting the camera, they had moved onto bigger things.

Towards the end of the project, Kaysen was helping Jerry and Grandpa pour the dirt back in the trench. Jerry and Grandpa both had shovels and the tractor. Kaysen had hit little garden shovel and thought he was putting more dirt in the trench than they were because he was digging faster and boy were his arms moving fast trying to get that dirt in there.

Jerry looked at him and said, "Wow! You are a hard worker. We should pay you a quarter for all your help, huh?"

Kaysen quickly replied, "How about a penny!"

Jerry and I laughed and said, "Sure. If you really want a penny instead of a quarter."

Kaysen nodded his head up and down quickly and let us know that a penny was definitely what he wanted.

Who knew that such good help would cost so little??


In other news Jerry has been working 5, 8 hour days for the past two weeks. I am in heaven. He has been somewhat bored with the new job because he has had to do all the boring orientation stuff that he's gone through a hundred times but the past couple days he has been able to go out in the field and work. That made his days go by much faster. I told him (somewhat nicely) that I didn't have much sympathy for his boring days because I LOVE his 8 hour days. They go by so much faster than those 12 hour ones. We've had so much more time together each day and it has been awesome. I just know I'm going to love it as time goes on.

Some not so happy news....for me. Not a big deal but not GREAT news anyways. Today I found my first stretch marks on my belly. Okay, so I had two small ones already there. One from each previous pregnancy, but that is it. Just this morinng I was checking my belly out to see and NOTHING new was sighted. Then this afternoon I commented to Jerry that I felt like my belly/skin was stretching...but put the idea aside. (denial) Now just a mere 10 minutes ago, I was laying on the couch watching my belly dance (from the babies moving around). My shirt was pulled up above my belly and Jerry commented that he saw new stretch marks.

WHAT!!!!

I quickly did a scan of the area and lo and behold there they are. I knew this pregnancy would be the one to REALLY make my body change and never go back to like it was but I'll admit I was in a bit of denial about it too.

Oh well, it's the price I gotta pay to get these two little ones here safely.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

bahaha, my boston is the same way, we coudl pay him a few pennies and he'd be happier than one dumb dollar. Kids are awesome. And 1 new stretch mark? haha. I have about 324235234 and they are ALL from my first pregnancy...75lbs in 5 months. haha. Always worth it though.

Tia said...

I must now say to you, "I have no sympathy for you" regarding the stretch marks. I have stretch marks and haven't even had any kids! :)