Monday, February 13, 2012

Four Months...

Kynlee. You smile. Most of the time it's a little sideways smirk but sometimes we get a full open mouth smile too that makes your tiny nose crinkle. You laugh. I mean a whole body shaking, laugh that starts out deep in sound and gets higher and higher in pitch. You coo too. Your voice is so soft and quiet when you make these sweet noises.  You are an awesome sleeper. Usually going down about 9:00 and waking up about 4:30, but many times you'll go even longer. You are great at keeping yourself entertained, although your brothers are usually right by you. Gage sits by you and calls you beautiful girl over and over again.  Kaysen makes funny noises because each time he does we get to hear that adorable laugh.  He is the best at getting you to laugh. You always have your fingers or fist in your mouth and are making loud sucking sounds the entire time.  You are still a little guzzler when eating.  Which makes it pretty tricky to feed you discretely.  No matter how long it has been since you last ate you act like you are starving.  You love to lay under your play toy and look at all the colorful toys above you. You are trying to figure out how to get those toys and are almost there.  When your hands to grab one you are a bit surprised at first, then you try your hardest to get those toys into your mouth.   You are starting to move over so much.  Within a few moments of laying down you have done a 180. 


As soon as you are put on your belly you are rolling onto your back.  If your brother and you are laying by each other, one of you are getting kicked in the face within just a couple minutes because of how much you guys move.  At your doctors appointment on the 9th you weighed 11 lbs 15 oz (17%) and were 23 1/2" long (17%) while your head was 16" (45%).  They tell me you are a short little girl. It'll be fun to see how you grow.  I don't think you really have a chance at being short but I could be surprised.  You already have your Daddy wrapped around your finger.  He loves his boys, but there is something different about having a girl.  He's so protective of you and just thinks you are the most beautiful baby ever.  I could watch him interact with you all day long. He tells you to pick a good guy some day and to be smart. He tells you to listen to your mom and to be her friend.  My favorite thing about you right now is how much you smile and look around.  You are so observant and just love to watch what every one is doing.  As soon as you hear my voice your head is moving all over until you find me. Then I get to see the cutest little smirk there is. 



Teagen.  You smile too. But yours is a big, whole mouth smile that lights your whole face up.  You also laugh.  But your laugh is a high pitch squeal right from the start. You are so dang loud. It's hilarious.  There isn't a moment of quietness when you are awake.  It's not that you are crying all the time, it's just that you are constantly making noises.  You are also a great sleeper. Usually you go to sleep at 9:00 and waking up around 4:00.  Lately, you've been waking me up a bit earlier because you think that you are starving though.  I'm telling myself it's a growth spurt and I hope I'm right. Last night you did great and slept until 5:00am so let's make this a new trend huh??? You also drool like crazy. This caused me to look at your gums and sure enough, you have a little white dot on your bottom left.  I think it will be coming up any time now. You've gotten a tooth faster than any of my babies.  You love your bouncer.  Going through all of the pictures I've taken recently I've noticed that you are in that bouncer for 90% of those pictures.  You are completely content sitting in that bouncer...as long as you can see someone.  As I cook dinner you are on the kitchen floor, in your bouncer.  When I'm feeding Kynlee, you are being bounced at my feet. 
You do not like sudden, loud noises.  You startle so easy. It actually amazes me, because your brothers make so much noise I didn't think you'd notice.  You are used to their noises, it's just sudden ones that get you.  You startled easy when you were first born too. The nurses told me it was a sign of low blood sugar, I think it is just the way you are becuase your blood sugar is fine now You try and try to roll over from your back to your belly. You are almost there too. You hate being on your belly. Sometimes you'll roll over. Other times you'll just lay there and scream until someone helps you roll over.  At your doctors appointment on the 9th you weighed 12lbs 9oz (11%), you are 25" long (56%) and your head measured 15 43/4" (27%). So although you weigh more than your sister, you are small on the boy charts. Except the doctor tells me you are pretty long, especially for how small you started out.  You are a solid weight too.  When I carry both car seats I can tell that yours is heavier, even if it is just a few ounces different. Your brothers love to play with you and make you happy.  You tend to be a bit fussier, unless some one is giving you 100% attention.  Then you smile, laugh and squeal so much.  Gage calls you handsome boy and Kaysen makes you laugh the most by grabbing your hands and saying, "Here we go Wildcats. Here we go." You also like to lay under the toy and try to figure out how to get those dang things.  Just today you actually looked at one and touched it for the first time.  Other times you've just touched it on accident and then held it. You smiled so big when you did this.  You Dad loves you and thinks you are the biggest stud muffin.  He is learning to not hold you up by his ear when you are awake because you squeal so loud in it. But then you turn your face towards him and smile and that any grouchy feelings he may have had go away.  He talks to you about the cars you're going to help him restore and the basketball games you and your brothers are all going to play. My favorite thing about you right now is that as soon as you see me, your face lights up. No matter how tired or grouchy you are, that smile comes out so big and I LOVE IT!!



You two are amazing babies.  When you are tired you fuss for a couple minutes so I lay you down in your crib,cover you with a blanket and give you a binky. Then you are asleep within minutes.  Most times you never even make a sound when I lay you down. I love it.  You are starting to move so much now that you are both turned sideways and end up kicking each other.  Hopefully that addition gets done soon so you can get your own crib.  You guys love to look at each other.  As soon as eye contact is made you both start smiling and talking like crazy.  You stay awake much more during the day, which makes it pretty tricky to get anything done but I'm learning to just get it done anyways.  You rarely start and finish naps at the same time so I almost always have one baby awake during the day.  Each one of us have loved having you in our home.  You've taught me patience. You've taught me that I can do things I never thought I could.  You've made me realize that I need to slow down and enjoy the moment a bit more.  I love the chance I have to be your mom.

No comments: