Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Current Favorites...


My boys are LOVING the warm weather we are experiencing.


They are already getting nice little farmers tans on their little arms and neck.


Right now these are things we do on a daily basis to keep sane.


Here Kaysen is telling Ruger, "Down! Ruger!" This was only about 3 days after we got Ruger and Kaysen was still a bit scared but getting better.



Now, 10 days later, Ruger is still alive and both of our boys are LOVING Ruger. Kaysen loves to run around as Ruger chases him all over the place. Gage gets a bit scared if Ruger jumps on him but is getting pretty good at pushing him off. He actually initiates the petting now, even when Ruger is walking, instead of us telling him to do it while we are holding Ruger.


We bought puppy treats for Ruger to teach him to sit and stuff and planned on giving them to him for training. However, I have two little boys that love to sneak into the garage and get a few "bones" as they call them and proceed to feed Ruger. They actually even hold it the whole time and let Ruger bite it out of their hands now instead of dropping them on the ground. It makes to happy to see that they love Ruger now...but at this rate I'll be broke from buying puppy treats.

We bought a swing set a couple weeks ago and this is the Number ONE toy of choice for Gage. He could slide and swing all day if I'd let him.


I love this picture. It looks like he is tipping his hat at me before he goes down the slide.



Jerry was digging (yes still) on our trench and as he did it he was making mounds of new dirt. Kaysen saw this as a jumping opportunity and continually tried to jump it on his four wheeler. He never made it quite to the top but he thought he was pretty dang cool.

Here is our mighty hunter. This little boy could shoot a gun or bow all day long. He loves hunting. Look at that professional stance...Uncle Chad gave this bow and arrow to him last week and EVERY single day he has to shoot it. (if the wind doesn't blow too hard to do it)Kaysen shoots at an old cardboard box and although he hits it all over the place...at least he is hitting it. He tells us he is practicing so that he can shoot a rabbit or deer.

This is just a pic of Gage being his silly self. That boy makes me laugh all the time.




The Easter Bunny brought these awesome buckets.

They were a major hit with my boys....Ruger too. (he loves to chew on them)





I love the sanity that returns to my house (and my brain) when the warm weather arrives. :)

3 comments:

The Fish Family said...

We are also so thankful that it is starting to warm up around here. It is about time. Summer is going to be so much fun. Lots of play dates. Ruger is such a cutie and I'm glad that your boys are loving him. I really hope that summer means no more 'sickies' around here. I am done with all this nonsense. Hope you are having a great day and I will talk to you soon.

{Bryanna} said...

Ruger is sooo cute! Im so glad you guys got a dog! I never thought we would have one.. we have a black lab.. And he is an INDOOR dog! I was soooo against it until I fell in love with Elvis.. haha..

Tia said...

Oh Charlsye! Those pictures are so stinkin' cute! I can't wait to come and play with all of you guys for a little bit this summer!