Thursday, April 8, 2010

Never Say Never....

See these cute little Lab pups?



We now own one.

One of the first things Jerry and I talked about when we first talked about getting married was children then animals.

We knew that we wanted children...most likely 4 of them.

And we were in complete agreement that we would NEVER have any cats, dogs, hamsters etc.

Then we moved out here....where it is a little quiet and dark. Especially when Jerry works nights.

We decided a good family dog would be a good idea.

You know, that way the dog can start barking in time for me to get my gun...I have one ready just incase anyone tries to pull something funny.

I never thought I would have to do that. But I do.

No one has tried anything...but I always want to be prepared.



So here is Ruger.

He is actually a pretty cute little begger huh???



This dog has already taught me to NEVER say NEVER about ANYTHING!!!

They boys are a bit afraid of him right now but we are hoping that will change soon.


Kaysen will go by him but hates when Ruger jumps on him.I'm sure he'll be loving Ruger by the end of the week...hopefully!

Poor Gage will take a bit longer to be free with his love though. When we went to pick Ruger out there were 4 other puppies with him and they were all jumping around. Gage finally got the courage to walk over to them but on his way he tripped and all 5 dogs charged him. They thought they were playing. He thought he was getting eaten alive.

Wish us luck. Hopefully Ruger lasts much much longer than Nemo did. :)

2 comments:

kristal said...

Ruger is a cute name!
Um, our friends from the valley that were here a couple of weeks ago...yea, her and I were sitting around talking about how we dont' want big dogs...that afternoon her husband bought the one at the Founder's Day auction...haha! Their looks just like Ruger. We want a retriever, but we've gotta get a yard first. Congrats on the new addition!

Blain&Deedra said...

Having an animal is almost like another kid, we don't have one yet although I am debating on a fish tank. We shal see!