Thursday, May 26, 2011

Go to Peep!

Last night Jerry and I got the boys down for bed. They weren't all that tired yet since they both got a nap earlier, but it was bedtime (8:00pm) and we stick to bedtime around here. (most of the time) It's the only way I can survive right now, and it's much less of a fight. They know its at the same time each night and rarely fight it. I LOVE it!

After we got them to bed, like usual, Jerry and I laid in our bed and talked. It's the only time we have to really talk without kiddos crawling all over, screaming, tickling, laughing and joining in on the conversation.

After some time, Jerry got up to open our door and the boys door (which is directly across from ours). We close their door each night and then open it once they are asleep. Otherwise, they see the lights on in the house and it takes much longer for them to fall asleep. Most nights Kaysen is asleep within 5 minutes. Gage on the other hand is awake for at least 30 minutes if not an hour. He stays in his bed the whole time, but he talks or sings to himself each night. It is fun to listen too. However, we do have to tell him to be quiet and go to sleep a few times each night. Last night we said it quite a few times. I warned Jerry not to open their door yet because Gage wasn't asleep yet and he would hear us talking. He didn't listen to me. Oh well...

So he came back to bed, left our door open also and kept our light on. Gage could see our light on and could hear us talking.

Suddenly we hear, "Hey kids. Be quiet and go to peep." (sleep)

We just started laughing.

Then we heard, "Hey Mom and Dad. Quit laughing and be quiet. I'm trying to go to peep." (sleep)

We wispered for a few minutes longer about our boys and the great things they do that make us laugh, this one I just had to document. I hate forgetting all their funny moments and know I've forgetton so many already. So here is one more that we can remember for quite some time....

1 comment:

Tia said...

That is awesome! What a funny kid! :)