At approximately 3:35am I was brought out of my slumber to the sound of screaming. Not just the normal, "Mom!" sound. I mean an absolutely scared scream. It came from Gage. Many times all a scream from him means is that he is tired but needs to go to the bathroom. He doesn't want to wet the bed, but he doesn't want to get out either. I thought this was the reason for the scream although this scream was a bit different.
I went into his room to comfort him and try to talk him into going to the bathroom and he just kept saying, "I want kabiblaboibl" I really had no clue what the boy wanted. He was crying so hard I couldn't understand him and this just made him even more angry. I convinced him to go to the bathroom thinking this might help him. It calmed him down while he did his business but then the cries came back tenfold.
So I started throwing out words like, mom, dad, drink, bathroom, bear. Each one was met with a resounding "NOOOOO! I want kabkidelies" Finally, I said, "You want Kaysen."
"Yes" was the answer in the most sincere voice. So, we went into his bedroom and I showed him that Kaysen was sound asleep on his bed. This pacified him enough to get back on his bed, and was soon relaxed. Kaysen however was awake and let me know it when I started walking out the door. How could he not be after those screams? He asked what was wrong with Gage and I told him that Gage just wanted him. Kaysen replied, "It's okay Gage. I'm right here in our room by you bud." Gage replied, "Okay." To which Kaysen said, "I love you bud" and Gage sweetly said, "I lub you tooooo."
I laid on my bed wide a wake for sometime after that thinking of how much that little episode touched me. I remember being pregnant with Gage and secretly hoping for a girl so that I could have at least one of each. As soon as I knew he was a boy I was excited about the fact that they would be good friends one day. I just pictured that day being when they were quite a bit older. However, a bond has been there from day one. Those boys know each other inside and out and love each other unconditionally and it couldn't make me happier.
Even when this bond makes me wake up from a blissfull night of sleep. :)
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is the sweetest thing it made me cry. I love it when they show how much they love each other....I am sorry it was so EARLY in the morning!! Hope you are feeling and doing well.
that is so sweet. my boys are that same way. in fact gage insists that they were both in my belly at the same time and gets upset with me when he sees pictures of just him, matt and i. they had their own rooms for about 6 months and i eventually just gave up and put their beds back into one room because they always ended up sleeping together. having two boys is sometimes crazy but their brotherly bond makes it all worth it.
No fun waking up that way, but WHAT A SWEET STORY! I'm so glad you wrote it down.
That is so stinkin' sweet. I may or may not have teared up a little.
Post a Comment