Friday, May 20, 2011

The Results are in....

We got to see our babies yesterday!

Here they are head butting (sp?) each other. They are in seperate sacs, but there is just a little membrane that seperates each sac and they just lay there and rub heads with each other the whole time.





They label twins as "Baby A" and "Baby B". Baby A being the baby that is closer to my cervix and most likely to be born first.




(The pictures may not be that great of quality. We got some printouts but we also got all of our pictures put onto a CD. The CD only works with this program that was downloaded onto the CD. We can't transfer the pictures over to our computer or any other device. :( So many of these pictures are pictures of pictures.)




So here is a profile picture of Baby A.





Here the ultrasound tech was getting photos of the heart and the baby put the hand up to the mouth and started sucking it. Then took it waved to us and then yawned. Kaysen loved seeing that part.


And here is a rear end shot...notice what's missing???


Just incase you didn't get it from the above photo, here is a between the legs shot....
<>div>



So we are told that Baby A is a GIRL!!!!!! Her heartbeat was measuring 138 bpm and she was constantly moving around. I can feel her on the right side of my belly and I knew she was the active one. She is the one constantly pushing against me.


Here is a profile picture of Baby B.


And here is Baby B stretching one arm so long.






And here is a rear end shot of Baby B. See what isn't missing???







Just incase you missed it again...here is a between the legs shot.



(children forgive me for broadcasting this...but I have to show everyone what you are!)





So we are told Baby B is a BOY!!!!! His heartbeat was measuring 141 bpm. He is a little more chill than his sister. He didn't move around too much but he sure did let us know he was a boy. But other than that he didn't want to show us too much of himself.






Kaysen is wanting me to let everyone know that he was right! We brought our boys with us to the appointment so they could see the babies. Kaysen was loving every minute of it. Gage loved the first few times he was able to see them and then lost interest.



The ultrasound tech said that he would be 90% sure that Baby A is a girl and 99% sure that Baby B is a boy. We are just hoping that he is right. It sure looks that way to us too. We'll be getting another ultrasound in about 6-7 weeks and at this time we will definitely know for sure, if they show us themselves and haven't begun to run out of room.



We are so excited because deep down this is what we wanted. Right from the start we wanted one of each so that they could be their own person a bit more. They'll have different friends, interests and not so much competition but hopefully they will still be best friends. Plus we could only agree on one boy and one girl name.





I already went to the store and bought 2 preemie outfits each for when we bring them home. When Kaysen was born we bought a newborn outfit to bring him home in and he was swimming in it. He was 7lbs 9oz when he was born. We learned our lesson. Gage was 7lbs 3oz and luckily we bought a preemie one again and it fit just right for bringing him home. We are betting our twins will probably be much smaller than our boys were so we know they'll fit in preemies for a bit. It was so fun picking out both kinds of clothes. But I'll admit that finally buying girl clothes for us was great. I'm going to have so much fun!





I'm lucky because my cousin has two girls and is done. I am buying her bumbo chair with tray, vibrating chair thing, (you know what I'm talking about right?), car seat and some cute clothes. That will defitinetly save us some denero. (sp?)





It was amazing to see how much our babies have grown and we are so excited that they both look healthy and strong. That's all we really want.

5 comments:

Chelsea Coon said...

Yay!!!! I'm soooo excited for you! From the pictures it definitely looks like its a boy and a girl. Sooo fun! Can't wait to hear the names you guys choose! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! That's so fun that Kaysen has been right all along... how fun will it be to tell the babies the story when they're older :)! Hope you're feeling ok... I'm really excited for you guys!

Tia said...

That is so exciting! (I know I already told you that in the text I sent yesterday, but I just had to tell you again)

ashley b said...

yay!! those little people are spot on i tell you. :) you're going to have so much fun getting everything ready! congratulations!

Orin, Minette and Sadie Packard said...

I haven't been on in a while and didn't know you were pregnant with twins! Congratulations! That is so exciting! My brother-in-law and sister-in-law have twins, a boy and a girl and they are so much fun! Orin wants to have twins, but they don't really run in my family so we will see! Now I will have to get on more so I can keep up with your twins! I can't wait to hear what you name them too! :)