Have our babies arrived yet???
Umm....No.
But I'll let you in on the happenings of the past week that have driven us crazy!
First. Last Thursday, September 22 I went into the hospital for my standard NST and Biophysical Profile that I have to have done twice weekly. Well I had a few minor contractions while I was there but nothing that the nurses or my doctor were too worried about. I hadn't been checked since I was in the hospital a few weeks ago so my doctor decided that she wanted me checked. So I was. Turns out I was a 3 and 75% effaced. Then my contractions started picking up quite a bit. I was admitted to the hospital and put on Magnesium. That stuff is HOR-RI-BLE. I was on it for 24 hours but I had double vision the whole time I was on it, plus another 6 or more hours until the stuff worked its way out of my system.
I was released late Friday night and Jerry and I decided to just spend the next couple days at my parents house in case something happened. My doctor told me I only needed to make it to 35 weeks and then I wouldn't be airvaced and they wouldn't stop my if I went into labor. So we only needed to make it to Sunday, the 25th and we would be good. So I stayed on my meds and bed rest.
While at my parents house, Papa gave Kasyen one of his old cowboy hats. The boy has been asking for one of those for quite some time now and does not take it off for anything but meals and prayers. Here he is tipping his hat and saying "Yee-Haw!!!" 
On Saturday, Gage and I took a nap together while Jerry and Kaysen went to the car show. Have I mentioned that I am married to a car fanatic?
The guy was in heaven. If only he could have stayed longer. Kaysen's legs were getting too tired so they didn't spend all that much time up there. Enough time for them to get pictures of some of their favorites.
Like this...
I stopped taking my medication on Monday morning and that morning I had another NST and Biophysical Profile done. And they checked me just to be safe. I was almost a 4 and 75%. So I hadn't really progressed all that much in those couple days.
Jerry had school that afternoon so I told him to go and that I would meet him at home later since we had both vehicles in Show Low. My mom and I got a pedicure, which was pure heaven. At 2:49 my first contractions started and I continued having them every 10 minutes. I told Jerry to come back to Show Low just in case something happened. Well I didn't want to be sent home from the hospital so I waited to make sure my contractions were really going to stick around. They stayed around the 8-10 minute mark until 9:00pm. I wanted to get our boys to sleep at my parents house, then head to the hospital, hoping that if the babies arrived they would arrive by the time the boys woke up in the morning and all would be well. However, at about 9:30 my contractions started slowing down so I just stayed at my moms.
I sent Jerry to work on Tuesday morning, thinking that nothing was going to happen because I didn't have much go on during the night. He had already used 3 days of vacation time so I wanted him back at work. Although he still has 180 hours left...I just don't want him wasting his hours sitting around my parents house being bored-out-of-his-mind!
Well I woke up Tuesday and thought my water might slowly be leaking. I waited until noon to make sure. Then I called the hospital to see if they could perform the test that makes sure in is amniotic fluid and not something else. So I headed up there and gave Jerry a little warning. They performed the test and it came back positive. So I told Jerry to get over to the hospital because they wanted the babies delivered within the next 13 hours. Jerry arrived and 5 minutes later they tell me that my doctor wants to perform a different kind of test to make sure it it amniotic fluid. This test came back negative. At this point I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes and they were intense. My doctor wanted to stop the contractions...again!
I was beyond mad. She said she really wanted me to make it to 36 weeks and I was only 35 and 3 days. She informed me that if it was true labor, the meds wouldn't stop the labor. So we decided to give it a try. It took two doses of terbutaline and nephedapine to stop my labor. I was actually still having minor contractions every 8-12 minutes. My doctor said that she would let labor progress if I was at least a 5. So I got checked...again and she said I was a "good 4 and 80% effaced and baby a's head is about a -1" I swear I was really a 5 and she just didn't want me to go into labor...but that just may be my bad attitude.
My doctor wanted me to go back on my meds until Saturday night at midnight. At first I refused.Then Jerry talked sense into me saying tha if I didn't do it, I'd probably go into labor the next day and my doctor would just want to stop it at the hospital...AGAIN!
So, now I am at home, on my meds every 4 hours until Saturday night. I am strictly on bathroom privileges only and I still have contractions. However, with two little boys to take care of I'm really not doing that well. Frankly, each day that brings me closer to 36 weeks I do more than I am allowed. Even when I do just lay and rest my meds only last about 2 hours before the contractions start picking up. I'm sure that once I'm off of them I'll go into labor really quickly. At least this is what I'm hoping for....I made my doctor look me in the eye and promise me that if I went into the hospital on Sunday, the day I turned 36 weeks then she would not stop my labor again.
She promised...in front of my ultrasound tech, Duane. He is a twin and was 8lbs 2oz at birth. He told her, "There isn't a jury in the world that would convict me of murder if she tried to stop my labor again" and that "what she was doing was cruel and unusual punishment." Haha. My doctor laughed and just said that she just wanted those babies in there as long as possible. Which I totally understand, but are meds that great for me and my babies after 6 weeks? Oh well...1 1/2 more days and I'm done with medication and hopefully these two little ones will grace us with their presence in a quick and healthy manner.
Kaysen wanted to take a picure of me this morning...so here it is although somewhat blurry. I am now 35 weeks and 5 days and that belly of mine has definitely gotten large.
Oh yeah. Baby B...our boy is a moving machine. Baby A, our girl has stayed in the head down position (and I mean HEAD DOWN) for the past 4 weeks at least. Her brother on the other had has moved in every possible position. Last Monday (the 19th) he was head down on my right side. Thursday (22nd) he was transverse with his head on my right side. Monday (26th) he was transverse with his head on my left side. Tuesday (27th) he was head down with his head on my left side. Yesterday (29th) he was semi-transverse/vertex with his head on my right side. I seriously don't know how he has the room to roll around like that inside my belly but he manages to change positions almsot daily.
My doctor plans to have an ultrasound tech present during delivery so that we can watch what position he really is in and manipulate him into a head down position as his sister is delivered. That way he'll come out right behind her and head down...hopefully.
Hopefully in a couple days I'm posting pictures of our two little ones!!!
1 comment:
That is sooooo frustrating! Hang in there though! You're so close! We're really excited to see these two!
Post a Comment