Today I was able to once again convince both of my boys to lay down and take a little nap so that I could rest too.
Kaysen, as usual kind of puts up a little fight saying that he isn't tired. However, he always falls asleep before Gage does. Usually he falls asleep withing 5 minutes of laying his head down. Gage, the one who is usually telling me he is ready for a nap will stay awake talking to himself for a good 30 minutes before he gives in.
Well today both of them fell asleep rather quickly. I on the other hand could not sleep but just laid on my bed and started reading, "I Didn't Plan to Be a Witch" by Linda Eyre. I saw the title on a list of her book and knew it could be one that would help me.
As I'm laying on my bed, absorbed by the funny stories and frustrating moments she has had as a mother I hear Kaysen coming out of his room.
He walks into the kitchen and opens up the garbage lid.
I ask him what he is doing and he doesn't answer.
I realize he is unzipping his pants.
So as quickly as I can, which is NOT very fast at this stage in my life, I go into the kitchen and try to explain to him that he isn't in the bathroom.
"Kaysen. That is the trash, not the potty. Come here, let's go in the bathroom."
"No Mom! It's okay. I can go in the trash."
"No Kaysen. The trash is taller than you. You'll go all over the floor."
"No I won't Mom. It's okay!!!!"
Luckily I was able to coax him into walking into the bathroom where we barely made it in time. Literally.
As he is standing there doing his business he shakes his head quickly back and forth and asks how he got in the bathroom.
The kid was asleep the whole time. Eyes open, legs moving, mouth talking and all.
As soon as he was done, he walked back in his room and was fast asleep. When he woke up I asked him if he remembered doing it and he just laughed at me and told me I was just teasing him.
I couldn't stop laughing. Then I finally did. Then I told Jerry the story when he got home and once again it took a bit for me to stop laughing...and still I'm laughing.
I'm also just glad I got there in time. That would have been a nasty mess all over my kitchen floor and cabinets.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment