Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Maybe It's Me...

Lately our second son has been a bit of a handful. He hasn't wanted to listen too much and he says he can't do things like feed himself, put on his clothes, etc. 

It may sound bad but Jerry and I said that Gage would be one of the hardest parts of having twins. He's strong minded and attached to me. 

We've been asking ourselves what his deal is? Why is he acting like this? Finally, at 3:30am while I was up withe the babies I thought, "Maybe it's me.". 

So today I've tried to change. I've been a bit more patient. I've been willing to help him a bit more. I let him help me too. 

We made banana bread together. Anyone who knows Gage, knows he LOVES to cook and is constantly pretending to do so. 

Amazing what a little one on one time has done for this boy. This morning was GREAT! 

Then I had to feed Kynlee and Teagen. Then Kaysen got home from school. Out came the little stinker in Gage. That boy just wants my attention and obviously I've been slacking in that area. Otherwise he wouldn't be acting this way. So, it is me. I gotta change before I can expect him to. 

Here's to change.

And hopefully easier days and a happier son. 

1 comment:

Kendyl said...

Miley is the exact same way. I feel so bad! It totally happened after boston was born. I think they just feel pushed out of place and try different things to get attention.. miley went to sucking her thumb.. wetting her pants, crawling like a baby, whining, yelling, things that my little sweet girl had NEVER done before! A year later, we still are dealing with other silly things, but its tough.. i hear ya girl! Good luck! Dont you wish we had like 5 days equivalent to 1?? Like each day was devoted to just ONE child!?/ I dont know. MOtherhood is great..